New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2009 :  12:15:53  Show Profile
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this characteristic before?

Basically, while handling my corn snake, he will usually end up trying to reach the floor, even if I hold him about 8 feet high he will still try and reach the floor, which is a pretty big drop for a 2-3 foot snake. Of course, reluctant to let him fall I always stop him or catch him before he does himself any harm, probably doesn't help him learn because he will just try it again and not get hurt.

Is there any way of stopping him from doing this? Is he simply trying to stretch more!? or just get away from me by any means possible?

Cal

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2009 :  12:49:35  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address
mine does this, so i sometimes let her get to the floor but be warned they have a tendency to make a break for freedom

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2009 :  21:16:20  Show Profile
This is apparently fairly normal for most snakes, except for those that prefer to live higher up in tree's etc., and they will make for your head / highest point. Had a high yellow jungle python spend ages keep going up round my head and trying to make himself into a turban once, no matter how often I headed him back downwards... lol

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2009 :  10:15:09  Show Profile
Mine does this. I think they might be exploring, normaly i head him onto my hand and kind of ish distracts him lol.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2009 :  16:28:56  Show Profile
yup, same.my cornsnake tries to reach the ground all the time. when she eventually does, she gets very adventurous!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

75 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2009 :  19:26:40  Show Profile
hi ya mine does it quite a bit,from what ive read it fairly normal i should worry about it,when mine did it at first i got worried. Kay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000