Help with regurge
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  10:03:10  Show Profile
Having a few problems with my corns regurging one has regurged last week but I am putting that down to me feeding her too quick after I moved her to a new home, she is fine now and was due to feed her 2 days ago but she is now in blue, is it ok to leave her until she sheds as dont want to upset her even more. She has been left for 10-12 days now.

Now today I was due to feed another corn and low and behold she has regurged as well, it seems she has pooped most of it but regurged part as well, it also now looks like it is in blue as she has gone really dull do you think that is why its partially regurged.

All the temps are fine and they are still in small (smaller than shoebox) size tubs.

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  10:14:19  Show Profile
Ok just checked the second snake (partially regurged and in blue) and its now shed and pooped as well but the poop was quite liquidy and yellow is this normal.
Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  19:37:46  Show Profile
If they are well in all other respects I would put one regurg down to bad luck. If it happpens again I would take them to a reptile vet.
A change in environment or being in blue does not usually result in regurging though. Low temps can cause problems with them digesting the meal.

As for the poo, Corn Snakes do have runny poo, though its usually dark brown with white bits (urates).

I would see how they go with the next meal. Any further problems, call the vet.

The only other thing is that both of them regurgitating is more worrying, but could be coincidence.

Hope they settle down soon.

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  20:57:14  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
What is your setup like, what temps?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  21:36:36  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
TBH i was thinking temps too BE, especially as it's not just one snake.
they should be fine to leave till after they've shed, ideally leave them about 7-10 days to let the gut settle down and return to normal so they can hopefully digest their next meal

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

33 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  11:02:17  Show Profile
well they have both been left for about 10 days and fed them a very small pinkie which they both ate fine going to leave them alone now till next week just check their waters. Temps are fine about 24 upto 29-30 which according to my book is fine.
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  11:12:21  Show Profile
those temps sound about right to me...
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  20:22:30  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Jono2411

those temps sound about right to me...

it just sounded like a possible common link between the two regurgitating.
a particularly strenuous shed after a feed (ie. before the meal is digested) is a possibility but unlikely if just in the blue phase. hope they keep it down this time!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000