Beardies?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  21:02:56  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
ok, i'm apparently acquiring a free adult beardie through work (yes my OH is going to be ecstatic after the 3 legged kitten, the blind collie, the shetland pony..................)
ok all i know so far is big enclosure, mealies and crickets, gut loading, UV.......... help guys and girls!!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  21:49:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
lol - your OH must be a saint.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  21:50:32  Show Profile
Er here goes.....Basking spot of 105,Rock and wood in the viv to keep claws down, mealies are only a treat not a staple, 10% uv for at least 8 hours a day (more in the summer) min 3-4ft viv, lots of greens cabbage as a staple with a bit of whatever else you have in the fridge except no citrus or lettice. Substrate is an ongoing issue most people will advise you to avoid sand, (i use chippings coz they like to dig but paper is good too) and most important thing is Beardies Rock, the most friendly and interactive lizards around so enjoy! Your OH will fall in love with it and forgive you quickly

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  22:13:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

lol - your OH must be a saint.

or a very naughty boy (to deserve me!!)

thanks Tizzy, that's a great help
he's coming with a 3ft viv but i'm aiming to get him in the 4ft stack i think. been reading the caresheet on the dark side, lots of info but a bit too much like heavy going this time of night *yawns*

and Amy (daughter) like's beardies, she poked one in a shop once

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  12:33:02  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Beardies are superb.
I had adults few years back, so got some babies now.
Remember to get some nutrabol or similar, to dust their food every few days as well.
I've got a caresheet for beardies somewhere, i'll get it posted later.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

75 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  19:49:20  Show Profile
Hi ya I have a 16 month old bearded well hes my sons really, Norby is very interactive and loves human contact.I hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.
But as far as I am aware if yours is an adult he might bob his hend its a sign of dominance if this does happen theN you should bob back until your bearded waves
HAVE FUN
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  22:14:10  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Waving beardies, I forgot about that.
Mine do it loads, brilliant isn't it.

Although the hand waving is allegedly a sign of 'non-aggression', mine do it to their crickets when they approach them. Then they eat them, how kind.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

75 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  10:31:25  Show Profile
Hi, yeah its cool when they bob and wave,at the mo mines got a thing about going to sleep in any hoody im wearing he just gets in the hood,every now and agen he will move or pop hes hed out xx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000