my lovely pet rat.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  13:31:40  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
ok i know this particular animal is a food item of many carnivourous reptiles.
but does anyone own one as a pet? its amazing how cute and affectionate a pet rat can really be.
for a pet rat that cost me just over £5 , hes been quite a little bugger for trips to the vet, starting off with a cold that cost me altogether £30 in 2007 not long after i first got him.
a few months ago one of his teeth has started to grow outwards of his mouth, meaning that no matter how much he eats and gnaws, it wont prevent it from growing and another trip to the vets to get his tooth clipped cost me an outrageous price of £53. that was only 4months ago, and last week i checked little teds mouth and noticed that his tooth was aggressively growing back again. so i started thinking "oh no not another rip of price of £53 to go back to that blooming vets again. ( i mean money is a big issue during these tough and difficult times) but this time round me and my dad had a go at clipping his tooth ourselves, i held teds head whilst my dad clipped his tooth down with a pair of plier snips and BINGO it worked. and he just saved me another £53.
the moral of this story is now matter how much money you pay for an animal wether its £5 or £500, the bet bills are ridiculously expensive so be prepared. ;)

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  14:06:14  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
Hope to god that none of your pets never need surgury but your right vet bills are steep,but it's got to be done some times

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  15:34:53  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
to be honest, vet bills have always been expensive but not as much as this. it could just be my local vets since they were took over by a new company called wellpets all vet bill prices seemed to have shot up lol i might have more luck if i tried elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  15:37:13  Show Profile
all pets cost a bomb lol

i had a gerbil that cost me more than any of my dogs in 17 years ( touch wood i have been lucky and they've never had anything seriously wrong with them which is shocking cos i have a crazy jack russsel that will jump off a 6ft wall)

vet bills are expensive, everything is expensive nowadays. so best advice is always keep a piggy bank ready for the day you will need it.

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons

Edited by - n/a on 09/02/2009 15:38:33
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  09:48:54  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
never saw this topic lol

i have rats 21 of them
i had to pay £80 to get my rats lump removed last year
altogether ive payed 380 pounds on ops for my rats
but at the end of the day its worth it to see them running around live and healthy

plus the rattie kisses make up for the money anyways hehe

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: