The rest of my collection *CONTAINS SPIDERS*
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  19:20:21  Show Profile
Should be collecting a Yemen Chameleon tomorrow so should be able to add some pics.

Brachypelma albopilosum (Curly Haired)

Avicularia sp. "Guyana" (Pink Toe)

Euathlus sp. "Red" (Chile Flame)

Theraphosa blondi (Goliath Birdeater)

Psalmopoeus irminia (Venezuelan Sun Tiger)

Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red Knee)

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (GreenBottle Blue)

Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon)

Psalmopoeus pulcher (Panama Blonde)

Tapinauchenius gigas (Red Tree Spider)

Tapinauchenius purpureus (Purple Tree Spider)

Nhandu chromatus (White Striped Bird Eater)

Grammostola rosea (Chile Rose)

Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fang)

Poecilotheria regalis (Indian Ornamental)

Cyclosternum fasciatum (Tiger Rump)

Haplopelma lividum (Cobalt Blue)

Gorgyrella sp. (Orange Trapdoor Spider)

Emperor Scorpions

Fantasy Horned Frog

Snakeheads (Channa pulchra)

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink | Yemen Chameleon | Tokay Gecko | Ghost Corn | Pinstripe Corn | Royal Python | Mexican Black King | Speckled King | Black & White Banded Cali King | Sonoran Cross Dwarf Boa | Western Hognose | Rainbow Crab | Tiger Oscar, Green Severum, Silver Dollars, Ornate Bichir & Synodontis.

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  19:27:39  Show Profile
Nice colection. The trapdoor spider looks a bit evil though How many of them are handlable?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  19:31:08  Show Profile
As adults I'd say 4 of the Tarantulas and that doesn't include the Rosie which is a bit schizo. The Trapdoor is the satan of spiders without a doubt lol

Merauke Blue Tongue Skink | Yemen Chameleon | Tokay Gecko | Ghost Corn | Pinstripe Corn | Royal Python | Mexican Black King | Speckled King | Black & White Banded Cali King | Sonoran Cross Dwarf Boa | Western Hognose | Rainbow Crab | Tiger Oscar, Green Severum, Silver Dollars, Ornate Bichir & Synodontis.

Edited by - n/a on 08/02/2009 19:31:49
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  20:04:48  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
makes me cringe but like the look of the scorpion,just thinking "got a little tank in the shed".those snakeheads look cool too,can see why their called that.

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  20:33:14  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Wow, Great collection.
Whats the Psalmopoeus irminia like?
Fantastic looking tarantula but the speed puts me off [:|]

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  21:10:48  Show Profile
Stupidly fast and very aggressive. That one now has its adult colours but I haven't got a pic.

Edited by - n/a on 08/02/2009 21:11:40
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  22:25:37  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
nice spider collection :D love the pink top and the purple tree spider

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  02:01:40  Show Profile
The horned frog looks very soppy, the fish are cool. Are they cold water? I have a tropical fish tank, only your normal fish in there really. I think spiders are intriguing but I just have an irrational fear of them. I went to a zoo quiet a few months ago and they happened to have a 'face your fears' visit with beardies, corns, spriders etc. (it renewed my want for a snake from childhood which is why I got one many months later). My wife is petrified of spiders but she held a tarrantula, I of course wimped out

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  08:01:14  Show Profile
The fish are sub-tropical so low 20C's i.e. room temperature. They're predatory fish with needle sharp teeth, this species is classed as a dwarf and grows to 10" in length. At the moment they're still quite young (under 10cm) but when they come of breeding age they will pair off and become aggressive towards each other so I'll be keeping a pair and selling the rest. I keep them in a 97 gallon tank. Before these I kept Malawis but they didn't have enough character for me.

Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  11:04:26  Show Profile
badass collection... the emperor scorpion looks like a beast!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lewy
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
2874 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  11:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Lewy's Homepage  Click to see Lewy's MSN Messenger address
Great Fantasy, How big is he/she? Do you know of our sister site... http://www.theamphibian.co.uk we could do with some more fat frog owners on there :0) - I'm the only one with a pacman on there at the moment, would be good to see you on there

Think spiders are great, but would never keep one... I'll stick to looking at them through the glass.

Those fish look interesting too, used to keep tropical fish but bought a type of eel that was recommended as a community fish and it ate everything... I've now got my toads in the old fish tank.

Lewy

THE CORN SNAKE.co.uk Team

Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  11:15:47  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
Great collection you've got, congrats

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

97 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  13:51:13  Show Profile
Frog is about 4" across which makes her an adult (Fantasy). I bought her at the start of last year and she was the size of a £2 coin. I'll have a look at the other site.

Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  17:38:33  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message
wicked collection u got there love the tarantulas

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  09:37:58  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Nice collection- I like the look of Ts but I wouldn't own one myself I don't think.

Lewy is lying when he says he's the only one on the amphibian with an Horned Frog! I have one too (it might be the same frog, but I should at least get a look in )

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000