Corn Snake Advice!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  18:25:46  Show Profile
Hey guys first of all Hi im new :) i have had an offer made to me that im finding hard to turn down! My mates sisters ex boyfriend has to get shot of his 1 year old corn snake and he said i can have him for free with the eclosure, heat lamp/mat etc! So can you give me any advice on corn snake ownership as the only pets ive had is a cat and hamster

p.s im just reading through the main website right now incase you think im being lazy

Thanks.

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  18:29:14  Show Profile
They are the easiest first time snake to look after. Pretty hardy. They have a diet of mice only. Make sure you read the care sheet on the main page Aslong as you read up on them and get the main points right e.g. temperature, they are pretty easy to care for.

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  19:32:12  Show Profile
Welcome to the site you jammy sole! Lewys care sheet will give you lots of info, any more questions just ask away and at least one of the boffins will answer pretty quickly.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  19:40:39  Show Profile
Just read the care sheet! Very helpfull

The only thing is that im off to Cancun on the 2nd of march for 2 weeks so will he be ok being handled by some one else during that time?
Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  19:52:16  Show Profile
Yep, as long as they are introduced to him first, and seem to be ok with him... plus you can leave a note of what they need to do on what days... mostly only changing water and altering stats for night temperature drop, plus occassional feeding and keeping an eye on general condition... far easier than cats and dogs!! J

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

83 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  19:53:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by NeoReloaded

Just read the care sheet! Very helpfull

The only thing is that im off to Cancun on the 2nd of march for 2 weeks so will he be ok being handled by some one else during that time?

lucky you, he should be ok aslong as the person you leave him with can look after him, all he needs is a feed once a week, water and heat.

0.1.0 boxer dog ruby
0.0.1 snow corn rocket
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000