Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  09:02:21  Show Profile
well after exhaustive tinkering last night i can only assume the stat is faulty as with no subtrate at all and the probes of both the thermomter and stat sitting on the mat, and the stat set to 31c then the mat will heat up to 31.7c then cool down to 25.2c before heating up again thats over 6c difference so i'm trying to get refund or replacement as bought it online
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  08:51:37  Show Profile
Got a new thermostat yesterday at lunch, Habistat Mat Stat, worked perfectly hot 28.4-28.8 and cold 20.1-20.6 so i brought her home!!! she spent yesterday evening hiding behind on of the caves i got for her but hope she went exploring when i was asleep. you first feed with me is due on saturday so i was just going to leave her be till then, it's hard though
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  09:13:05  Show Profile
I have a Habistat mat stat thats quite old and its going abit off now so I'll be replacing it. I think they do go over time.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  09:29:52  Show Profile
yeah but €40 over three four years is fine
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

125 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  11:13:27  Show Profile
quote:
my termostat is the trex cobra stat and it and the heat mat is playing up. i thought i had it ok when thermometer on top of substrate read 30.5 however on the heat mat which is 0.5cm of aspen it's 34.5 i'm worried that if she goes burrowing she'll get burn't what should i do

That's perfectly normal - the substrate will act as an insulation layer, so if your temp is correct on top of the substrate, it will naturally be hotter underneath.

It's assumed that your snake will spend most of it's time on top of the substrate which is why we measure temps from their.

If your snake burrows, then it should thermo-regulate and move away if too hot towards the cool end, or move towards the hot end if it's too cold...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  12:32:25  Show Profile
I personally measure against the bottom of the tank, below or at least in amongst the substrate just to be on the safe side.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  12:32:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jhmw1

Got a new thermostat yesterday at lunch, Habistat Mat Stat, worked perfectly hot 28.4-28.8 and cold 20.1-20.6 so i brought her home!!! she spent yesterday evening hiding behind on of the caves i got for her but hope she went exploring when i was asleep. you first feed with me is due on saturday so i was just going to leave her be till then, it's hard though

Yeah it is hard, I just looked in the viv about every ten mins! It will be great when you do get her out though.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000