Help with my snake
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  18:43:59  Show Profile
Hi, I only got my snake 2 weeks ago, so sorry for stupid questions. My snake has just sicked up his food from last night as my son handled him. (I know you should leave for up to 48 hours after a feed) but he took out before I noticed. When do I feed him again? Also my son (who is breaking his heart) dropped him on the floor. He was very lively straight away but is now very still. Is he just in shock and do I just leave him alone for a few days or get him out tom when he has settled down? Thanks for your help

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  18:54:15  Show Profile
Oh dear these things just happen sometimes so don't beat yourself up over it.

I'd leave him alone for a week totally but keep a close watch on him then feed him again next week.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  18:58:25  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Don't feed again for 10 days to allow his stomach to settle, regurging is very nasty and difficult for a snake. He needs time to recover.

Might be worth getting a lock on the viv/RUB to stop it happening again.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  19:36:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Don't feed again for 10 days to allow his stomach to settle, regurging is very nasty and difficult for a snake. He needs time to recover.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  19:38:26  Show Profile
So do I leave him alone totally till i feed him again incase hes in shock?uote]Originally posted by suzy1

quote:

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  20:23:09  Show Profile
definately leave him to chill... i suppose its kind of like a hangover for the snake, he'll just want to ride it out in peace...
what is he/she called? any pics?
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  21:00:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:

completely agree with BE about leaving him 10 days to let his digestive system settle and about getting a lock, however if he's in a tub/RUB/faun that might be difficult

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  22:14:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Sure you could drill a hole and use a padlock if necessary.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  09:46:22  Show Profile
10 days, very little disturbance and then offer a feed. If I were you I'd take measures to make sure it doesn't happen again. Either get a lock or make sure your son doesn't get his hands on him again unsupervised. If he drops him again, not only the damage it might cause, the snake might escape.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000