shedding
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2009 :  20:11:28  Show Profile
si my corn has half shedded from his head down and he still has his old skin on down to the tail. what shall i do?

puddycat

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2009 :  20:28:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1756&SearchTerms=stuck,shed

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  16:38:45  Show Profile
kl thank you i will give it a go

puddycat
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  18:26:18  Show Profile
well the bath helped cause i managed to get it all off even though it was in bits and i looked at him this morning and he looks like hes going to shed again

puddycat
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  20:13:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
leave it a day then have another go at bathing, you could also put a damp hide in there in case he wants to use it

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  20:15:19  Show Profile
we found simon had shedded on friday morning and it was all in one which was the first time since we've had him. i measued it and he is just under 2ft long

puddycat
Go to Top of Page

gazza89
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  08:24:33  Show Profile
My snake shed about a week ago and i didnt realise until yesterday that part of the shed was still stuck on the very tip of the tail. So i placed tail in some water and gently removed the skin. I removed it and the tail had a slight cut on the end that had a bit of blood on it. Should i just let it heal or is there anything i can by just to help heel and to stop any infection.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  20:06:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Tamodine is an iodine-based product for cleaning wounds on reptiles and birds, but if it's small and clean i'd just keep an eye on it

Go to Top of Page

gazza89
Snake Mite

37 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  08:36:35  Show Profile
Ok cheers for the reply, it seems to have healed nicely. Will keep an eye on it incase it gets infected in any way.
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  08:50:39  Show Profile
glad to hear he/she is all good...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

30 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  19:09:12  Show Profile
we had a look at simon and realised that there was a bit of skin left on his tail and ed my boyfriend decided to try and take it off and instead of listen to me he kept trying to roll it of and in the end he pulled off the tip of his tail where there was (it look like he had something tied around it and he had grown around) wot should i do. ed spoke to one of his workmates that has snakes and he said that hes done it to his sankes and they were ok

puddycat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000