New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  22:22:38  Show Profile
hey guys
both my corns hav started to shed. my amel is a bit further on than my carolina. however my amel is shedding in pieces rather than in one shed. i hav found the head piece and the eye caps are in tact. any advice on how to get the rest off? i have tried bathing him for about 10 mins, but no luck. i am quite worried tbh
any help would be appreciated
thanks

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  22:28:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
you could try putting a damp hide in the viv, but sometimes snakes just don't use them. try another bath in a day or two. i really wouldn't worry just yet though and keep us posted on progress

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2009 :  22:32:52  Show Profile
i have put some damp moss in his hide 2nite, i'll just wait and see. dw i will keep u posted. thanks GP

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  18:08:41  Show Profile
just to update you. i have now bathed him twice for roughly 10 mins each session and still nothing is happening. s/he also has a damp hide and i have raised the humidity in the viv as much as i can. is there anthing else i can do? or is it best to just wait and see?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  20:55:16  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
leave him a day to settle then try another bath, up to 20 mins should be fine. by increasing the humidity inside the viv that should help him rub any annoying bits off. any pics nosh?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  09:50:22  Show Profile
When mine go blue eyed I just pack some damp sphagnum moss into his cold hide, he curls up into that and hey presto, clean sheds so far!

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  11:30:29  Show Profile
i got home last nite to find my carolina had just started to shed. it all came off very smoothly apart from the tip of his tail, so it looks like im going to hav to do the same with him too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000