new candy cane
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  16:51:41  Show Profile
in about 1hr i may wel b getin a candy cane corn as my sis n her bf jst got it n hav no idea they hav bin usin the darkside website n they hav given em a load of BS eg it wil grow no bigger thn 3ft, it is a candy cane king snake (its defo a corn) n the worst 1 is it wil b ok without a heat source for several weeks a heat n apperently it aint ate in last 4 weeks but thats nornal???? dnt ask me wot thy on bout i am currently setting up a spare viv at mine n ive tld my mum if thy havnt sorted it out in nxt hr i am takin it off em n she aggrees thy dnt deserve 2 hav it they hav no clue!!!!! (i am so peed off rite nw. ill let u no how it goes

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  17:21:50  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I can't think of anything to say that would describe my thoughts for the people that have told them that.

It's a shame to see and hear things like this, because it's not only the owners fault that they are unintentionally being cruel.

However, the best research ANYONE can do is to get lots of info and make their decisions based on the info they have.
They should've looked further than one place, most people on here have also done research elsewhere on the internet as well.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  18:21:39  Show Profile
I think books are an under rated resource, I have learned things from a book when the info was unavailable on the net. I have to top book on the recomended books on this page. I know your sis was givenpoopinfo but you could advise this book to help get them started.

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_links.htm

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  18:32:24  Show Profile
i completely agree but on the upside they hav asked 4 help frm me n i tuk em 2 my nearest shop n made em spend £150 on equiptment n now i am satisfied so i wil leave it b i hav tld em everythink they will need 2 no even this website so its up 2 them nw (but i will b keepin an eye on it), all this n all they had 2 do was ask me n they cud hav had a fully equipt viv for free (as far as im concerned it serves em self rite for bein ***** about it). but nw i do hav a viv wiv nothing in it wot shall i do?????

Edited by - matty18714 on 26/01/2009 18:43:10
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  18:43:44  Show Profile
Do what everyone else does when they have a viv with nothing in it

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  18:45:06  Show Profile
Get another corn anyway

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  21:10:56  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if it's a juvenile or adult (older than a yearling) then yes, you can brumate snakes without a heat source for a few months and without feeding them (as they need heat to digest their meal).
but as for only growing to 3' i've no idea what that's all about!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

47 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  00:25:20  Show Profile
it is tiny it wudnt survive brumating n as 4 empty viv i wil get another snake havnt decided wot yet tho ne thorts? so far i hav a hypo cali king n a snow corn

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2225
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  11:21:13  Show Profile
what about a white oak rat snake. i just got one and they are lovely! good temperament.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000