Snakes on a plane
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

117 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  21:14:27  Show Profile
Has anyone seen the movie snakes on a plane? I dont know why im posting this but it made me laugh VERY hard!

1 Royal Python: Draco
1 Corn Snake: Ember

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  22:24:52  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I haven't, but i've heard the phrase 'you got a snake on your ass' often enough and want to see it because of that.
Apparently the way it's said is hysterical.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2009 :  22:43:08  Show Profile
It was on channel 4 last saturday. It was pretty good to be fair. Without ruening it for people, they have a few "venomous" corns and they try and build a wall of luggage to keep snakes out, that made me laugh The plot is very thin but worth seeing because we like snakes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  17:06:35  Show Profile
Its one of those movies you can sit and watch with mates and not paying that much attention and still enjoy. Easy going stuff. I love it lol.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Leyrielton2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1060 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  21:33:52  Show Profile  Click to see Leyrielton2's MSN Messenger address
I thought it was pretty S**t but had some awesome looking snakes in it. The only problem being most were computer graphic snakes

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  22:12:06  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

they have a few "venomous" corns

think i notice a few venomous milk snakes too matty

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  23:23:01  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

think i notice a few venomous milk snakes too matty

I just read up about it, apparently they used milk snakes because they are so similar in colour to corals, which are venomous.
At least they tried to do something as close to real as possible.

But then again, I always thought everything i saw on TV was real so shall i get my corns 'venom checked'?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  12:44:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

[quote]apparently they used milk snakes because they are so similar in colour to corals, which are venomous

That was my thinking to mate, remember:

Red touch yellow, kill a fellow
Red touch black, venom lack.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

181 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  09:10:36  Show Profile
I love that film. Just because Samel L Jackson is a legend, and makes me die everytime he yells 'Get these snake on a muthaf***ing plane' Lol. It's just pure cheese, you have to love it!

1.1.0 Corn Snakes: Dante & Hades
2.0.0 Cats: Orpheus & Dimitri
0.1.0 Dog: Sophie
0.0.1 GALS
1.0.0 Mexi Black - Lucifer
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  12:40:53  Show Profile
great film purely because of all the snakes. it was also hilarius because my other half wasnt too sure on snakes when we saw it and he kept jumpin lol. especially the bit with the guy in the toilet he cringed!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  13:24:07  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'm gonna stop reading this thread, because i haven't seen it yet.
I'll end up finding out he was a ghost.

Go to Top of Page

heatseeker872591
Hatchling

United Kingdom
355 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  20:04:11  Show Profile  Visit heatseeker872591's Homepage
i thought this movie was pure cheap american trash. the snakes acted nothing how they would in real life, biting people just for the sake of it. (even though there is a storyline on why in the film) but i found the effects very cheesy, CGI snakes, dont get me wrong there aint nothing wrong with CGI unless its really good CGI like the really cool CGI in jurassic park. but yes this is definatley a movie i would have regret buying.

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  23:15:26  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Watched it now, It is a fairly good film, but more of a 'time-waster' film, if you understand my meaning.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

181 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  00:02:37  Show Profile
I watched snakes on a plane a while back,bit OTT, didn't think that much of it sadly

0.1.0 Amel Motley corn : CORAL
0.0.1 Ghost corn: CASPER
1.0.0 Royal Python: BLAZE
1.0.0 Yemen chameleon: CHONG
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: CLEO
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  14:22:11  Show Profile
couple of queries regards the film, i watched as samuel L Jackson is a legend. but regardless of the pheromones would the lack of pressure/ freezing temperatures in the unpressurised baggage hold not kill the snakes. and also what was the massive snake supposed to be? Boa Python didn't recognise it
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'm assuming the cargo hold was supposedly pressurized and heated, hence why the cat could go in there.

I was also puzzled about the large snake, i'm assuming it was supposed to be a python of some kind, but not with those teeth.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

105 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  15:39:51  Show Profile
yeah the teeth and lack of markings threw me
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: