Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2009 :  15:29:07  Show Profile
Anyone know how easy/difficult they are to fit?
Would it have to be done at a proper garage?

when i had my bikes restricted they cost me £250 and they have to be fitted at a garage as you get a certificate to prove they are restricted

Edited by - n/a on 20/01/2009 15:29:55
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  07:17:16  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
I should imagine that an approved garage would have to do it to make it legitimate. Pity the old days have gone when you could de-restrict your Kawazaki by unplugging one wire .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

177 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  17:24:16  Show Profile
congrats on passing your test bet your really pleased!!! just watch out for car drivers they can be lethal...
Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  17:36:44  Show Profile
Worst / only road rash I ever had was when I was a late teen... came off the back of a saki thou and carried on down the road on my rse..... went thro me leathers and jeans, and had lovely 'skid marks' for a year or so...... mates that were following were just amazed at how I stayed upright whilst travelling, and did not go ass over tip till I hit the grass verge!!!.... stuck to my little MZ250 afterwards with me on the front (never did get around to trusting to anyone else on front of bike after that... wonder why)..

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  17:02:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

I should imagine that an approved garage would have to do it to make it legitimate. Pity the old days have gone when you could de-restrict your Kawazaki by unplugging one wire .

the 'old' days still exist with the older, carb'd bikes. the restrictors are so easy to remove on them. it took me less than 20 mins where as it took the garage all day to fit them, then charge me £250

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  19:14:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Try fitting a LPG conversion and a turbo to a 30 year old honda engine, that's fun work.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  23:28:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Try fitting a LPG conversion and a turbo to a 30 year old honda engine, that's fun work.

i was thinking of putting a turbo on my bike, but then realised the cost would just be far too much

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

608 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2009 :  18:05:59  Show Profile
What you want is either a Kawaski Ninja 250r or a Yamaha R125 i was gettin a bike but getting a car first

1.1.0 Dog
2.1.0 Cat
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
R.I.P WINNIE 7.7.08 - 29.8.09
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2009 :  12:54:51  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by TechnoMacleod

What you want is either a Kawaski Ninja 250r or a Yamaha R125 i was gettin a bike but getting a car first

They're both really nice looking bikes but im more into motocross/enduro/supermoto bikes.

Hey, Kehhlyr.
Ever seen these trike kits for monkey bikes?
http://www.monkeyspares.co.uk/html/home.html
lol

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  23:25:02  Show Profile
quote:

They're both really nice looking bikes but im more into motocross/enduro/supermoto bikes.

if your into MX/SM bike then try looking for a yamaha XT660 or a suzuki DRZ400

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

181 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2009 :  00:14:59  Show Profile
Well done you for passing your bike test

0.1.0 Amel Motley corn : CORAL
0.0.1 Ghost corn: CASPER
1.0.0 Royal Python: BLAZE
1.0.0 Yemen chameleon: CHONG
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: CLEO
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  13:30:21  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by the_nosh

quote:

if your into MX/SM bike then try looking for a yamaha XT660 or a suzuki DRZ400

Sorry, must have missed your post.
Thanks for the suggestions, Got my new bike today
Heres my new Suzuki DRZ 400
Dead nervous bout going out on it after riding pit bikes for over a year

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

77 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  17:47:10  Show Profile
nice bike. happy riding, hope to see you at some of the bike shows during the year

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2009 :  19:58:58  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by the_nosh

nice bike. happy riding, hope to see you at some of the bike shows during the year

Thanks!
Was great fun riding it today!

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  07:25:24  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Nice bike. Looks fun .

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  09:51:49  Show Profile
Jealous. I wanted to learn to ride but can't afford it!

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  11:09:15  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Mulv

Jealous. I wanted to learn to ride but can't afford it!

I know that feeling well Mulv. Every time I was gonna go for it Jo kept falling pregnant and that was the bike money gone on prams, nappies, etc.

If all goes to plan then I should be riding soon after graduation and then it's a hard choice of Ducati 998 or BMW 'Long Way Down' type beasty. Screamingly beautiful road rocket or mental off-road beasty. It's a hard life .

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  19:41:01  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Every time I was gonna go for it Jo kept falling pregnant and that was the bike money gone on prams, nappies, etc.

an immaculate conception??

if you really wanted that Ducati you should have kept your ***** in your pants!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  20:30:15  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Thanks guys.
Sorry, gonna bore you with a couple more photos now.

Old and New

Its now tucked up in the shed where it will stay for a few days... Stupid snow is coming

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  09:05:51  Show Profile
Oooooh where do you live dan? looks pretty.

I went for a great ride frow Chew Vally out through Chedder Gorge last week, now thats a road i can recomend. Lots of nice long straight bits to open it up on and then the gorge is amazing to wiggle through (You just have dodge the goats and cow poo).

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000