Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  12:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
The lizard used to chase the cat around, then the cat would chase the lizard. I found this out when he escaped shortly after I got him and after hunting for him, as you do, i found him laying half on top of the cat which was curled up on the sofa.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  14:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TommyC

No chance of it happening i'm afraid to say, and with the lizzard pooing .. don't snake reguritate everything they eat, or did i see something really wierd??

No snakes don't regurge unless there's something wrong.

What did you see???? I'm intriged

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  14:02:49  Show Profile
What a bit like this then?

Gotta love these pictures really, not sure who the daftest one is? Still not trusting my moggie though, we just got back from sainsbury to find a mouse he'd put in his food dish. Evil killing machine.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  15:34:08  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Could always go for a Blue Tongue

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  17:13:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

quote:

No chance of it happening i'm afraid to say, and with the lizzard pooing .. don't snake reguritate everything they eat, or did i see something really wierd??

No snakes don't regurge unless there's something wrong.

What did you see???? I'm intriged

when i was in this pet shop in north wales, me n my dad were waiting for my mum to buy a flower pot from the garden centre next door.

I saw this thing (which i thought was a toungue) sticking out of the snake mouth, but then i thought "no, snakes tongues are forked". Then this small mouse just slid out of its mouth all cover in slime and jelly like substance. Then the assistnat took the snake out and into the back of the shop. but it absolutly stank.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  17:16:10  Show Profile
With the uromastyx, am i right in thinking .. as a beginner i'd got with the ocellated species. Do they grow large?, are there any special requirements?, do they tame easily?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

608 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  20:01:43  Show Profile
Hi tommyC
I from Cheshire. northwich to be exact lol.
A good place is Wyvale Garden centre. Thats where i got my Beardie from. Also they are very helpfull and dont force a sale on you.

1.1.0 Dog
2.1.0 Cat
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
R.I.P WINNIE 7.7.08 - 29.8.09
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  00:39:07  Show Profile
i think i been there .. if it is the places i'm thinking of .. tis a good shop.
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  13:10:48  Show Profile
quote:

With the uromastyx, am i right in thinking .. as a beginner i'd got with the ocellated species. Do they grow large?, are there any special requirements?, do they tame easily?

There are loads of species but only 1 gets really big most get to about 12 inches including the tail. The set up basically loads of heat 90 cool end - 120 basking spot, rocks & hides and they do need a UV light. I'm guessing a minimum viv size of 3 foot but 4 would be better. As for taming they can be as soft and dopey as beardies but only if handled from a young age. And i really really want one.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  16:03:54  Show Profile
Thanx Tizzy .. i've almost got enough money .. i can't wait ..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  18:02:39  Show Profile
wat thermostat should i use to control the heatmat and ceramic lamp.Also would i need two, 1 for each appliance and could a lizard get it UV through a window. If not, does a uv lamp have to be conected to a thermostat.

Sorry for all the idiot questions btw...
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  19:33:58  Show Profile
Nah, you'll need a proper uv bulb but they dont kick out any heat really so no stat is needed. Not sure how much UV uros need but beardies have 10% and you can also get 5% bulbs. Best thing is to ask at the rep shop. Bulbs are one thing i don't buy online but most other stuff is much cheaper if you look around and you not in too much of a hurry.

there are some links below for a few care sheets, they all vary slightly on what they'll tell you so have a look through them all and ask the place you buy you lizard from too.

http://www.wnyherp.org/care-sheets/lizards/uromastyx.php
http://www.crislis.co.uk/Herps/Thatcher/urocaresheet.htm
http://www.the-lizard-lounge.com/content/species/uromastyx.asp

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  12:58:02  Show Profile
Thanx Tizzy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  19:15:41  Show Profile
Awesome News!!!!! .. i have been given the go ahead to get the Uromastyx. NOw i just need to save up. YEY
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  15:04:27  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Huzzah!

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  17:24:45  Show Profile
Happy happy happy then? I was given the go ahead too but my OH was drunk and i was far from sober and he only said it to shut me up. He also agreed to an Iggy, water dragons a tortoise and even suggested another cat all in one night. Now i just need a much bigger house to fit them all in, unless anyone wants my kids then i'll have loadsa room And a lottery win would help.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2009 :  00:02:33  Show Profile
LoL
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  20:33:50  Show Profile
I have enough to buy my stuff for the Leopard Gecko woopwoop. can't wait for it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000