non constriction of frozen thawed food
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  21:21:33  Show Profile
Hi, Iv recently aquired 2 corn snakes approx 6-7 months old. The larger of the two will strike at the frozen thawed food i provide but doesnt constrict before consuming and the other will only feed if in a confined space, while iv read this is quite common she does not constrict either and i was just wondering if this is the norm,

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  21:32:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
both responses to food are normal one of my yearlings that would always very gently take the mouse from the tongs has suddenly developed this strike and death-roll-constrict out of the blue, i wonder if she's been watching the adult corns??

heya and welcome btw

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  22:50:37  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address
mine constricted the first time i fed her,but only stikes the last 3 times

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  23:14:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Mine will constrict rats, but not mice

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  21:09:52  Show Profile
Just a quick update
Both snakes feeding well now took them to be checked over and found the previous owner ( who i had gleaned most of my onformation on care) had been extremely poorly advised! the viv they were housed in was too small, the heating was way too low and they were being under fed! The breeder estimated there age at 3-4 months max they were actually closer to 8! so i had two really tired cold snakes on my hands!!!!!

The good news is they are both feeding fine(2 rat pups a week with fuzzys offered if they start begging between feeds to build up condition) they in a 4ft viv with heat mats and lights. Started them off in there pretty basic but hubbys on a pimp my viv kick so there gonna be living in corn snake version of the ritz lol
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  22:34:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
glad they're doing ok, all issues such as temps and enclosures are covered on the caresheet on here

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000