Page: of 3

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  11:51:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I don't think the cold, expressionless eyes is a factor, because I don't like horses for that reason.

i have a horse... and their eyes are considered one of the most expressional eyes of the animals lol..and i agree with this! :) again... i think uve got the fear of the unknown.. because they are unpredictable animals because they revert 2 their instinct alot
x

Edited by - lozy89 on 07/12/2008 11:51:42
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  12:01:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lozy89

but i do think that children should b introduced 2 these animals from a young age so they dont grow up with a fear of them.. my little sis is 5 and she loves Twiglet!

So true, my kids are almost 3, 4 and 8 (well 8 next weekend) they all handle our snakes (under supervision) as well as the beardies and leos. They haven't learnt to be scared of them, so they aren't bothered at all. Whenever they have friend round they almost always want to touch as many animals as they can, their Mums however just tend to want to wait on the doorstep, cant think why?

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  12:04:54  Show Profile
haha. my nan is terrified of snakes and has been all her life.. im soooo lovely.. and decided 2 take twiglet downstairs.. eventually nan asked the inevitable question 'is it slimy' and i said no.. she she managed 2 stroke twiglet :) (i had 2 cover twiglets face haha) and then twiglet popped her head out and my nan ran away... ahhhh trust twiglet 2go and ruin the moment hehe :)

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  14:03:41  Show Profile
My mum will no longer come in our house, as she had a really bad nightmare as a child about snakes... keeps her from meddling so much and commenting on what a mess my house is.... bonus!

However, it may also have something to do with the fact we are setting up and ark, and also have 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 fish, 2 snakes and now 2 frogs...... if anyone wishes to make any donations to our ark, I will take on board anything other than spiders,scorps and crawly things as I just have to run away from these or defend myself with the hoover!!.......lol..

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  17:52:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jennet

... if anyone wishes to make any donations to our ark, I will take on board anything other than spiders,scorps and crawly things as I just have to run away from these or defend myself with the hoover!!.......lol..

I have a hubby and 3 kids your welcome too!

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  18:25:20  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
awww poor spiders there not that bad (ive got 8 tarantulas hehe)
when i had mine all people asked was will it bite, is it slimey, its gressy. im like huh wtf are you mad hehe
some people are so stupid seriously
oh well (:

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  14:41:31  Show Profile
Probably beacause its instinct to be scared of them. I supose thats so people dont go and pick up a cobra or something :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

117 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  21:12:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jac_mac

Probably beacause its instinct to be scared of them. I supose thats so people dont go and pick up a cobra or something :)

Lol I would :P it kinda annoys me when my friends are scared of my corn snake when there is nothing scary :D

1 Royal Python: Draco
1 Corn Snake: Ember
Go to Top of Page

Karl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
121 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2008 :  17:06:05  Show Profile
Easy to answer, they are different, and the media and life portray snakes as evil. Religion portays them as evil. Tbh, without us lot everyone would see them as evil.

It's amazing howmany I have converted with my lot.

ooops, I bought another.........
Go to Top of Page

lozy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
226 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2008 :  13:14:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Karl

Easy to answer, they are different, and the media and life portray snakes as evil. Religion portays them as evil. Tbh, without us lot everyone would see them as evil.

It's amazing howmany I have converted with my lot.

i second all of that lol! its definately alot to do with how they are portrayed. nobody is scared of somethin like.. a rabbit lol.. and they are always portayed as cute annd fluffy!... just bcoz snaked dnt hav fur god dammit! lol but then i supose theyd just b giant caterpillars!!! :D haha

Go to Top of Page

Janos
Hatchling

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  02:46:06  Show Profile  Click to see Janos's MSN Messenger address
Uch..I hate rabbits. I remember when I was really wee, I went to hold my neighbour's pet rabbit and it bit me something awful. My Astra has never even tried to bite.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Ozzy
0.1.0 Anerythristic Corn Snake - Astra
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Zilly
0.0.1. - Sinaloan's Milksnake, Harley

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  13:11:49  Show Profile
Daughter reminded me last night that when she wanted a pet snake I wouldn't get her one since I knew she wouldn't have the heart to feed it and I would end up looking after it. Guess what she moved out and I got a snake just cause I got use to handling my friends different snakes and got accustomed to them. Much easier to keep than my 3 dogs.

0.1.0 ghost corn
1.0.0 red eared slider
0.3.0 dogs
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  13:24:13  Show Profile

On a more serious note it's each to their own i guess, everyone has something the dont like for some people it's snakes. It's great fun at halloween when i open the door to trick or treaters wi8th a snake in my hand though
[/quote]

If you were a trick or treater would you like the door opened by this guy.

IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/zigyzigger/DSC01892.jpg[/IMG]

0.1.0 ghost corn
1.0.0 red eared slider
0.3.0 dogs
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  17:11:39  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Janos

Uch..I hate rabbits. I remember when I was really wee, I went to hold my neighbour's pet rabbit and it bit me something awful. My Astra has never even tried to bite.

Me too. They're only good for 3 things. Feeding to large reptiles, Target practice and putting in the pot!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  17:45:45  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by sonas_baby

It's great fun at halloween when i open the door to trick or treaters with a snake in my hand though

Too many jokes

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  18:51:09  Show Profile
Add me to the rabbit and guinea pig haters club!

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  19:15:43  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Might use my hunting bow next time. Rabbit kebab anyone .

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  19:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by sonas_baby

On a more serious note it's each to their own i guess, everyone has something the dont like for some people it's snakes. It's great fun at halloween when i open the door to trick or treaters wi8th a snake in my hand though

If you were a trick or treater would you like the door opened by this guy.

IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/zigyzigger/DSC01892.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

I want that t-shirt!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2008 :  19:42:14  Show Profile
i love snakes but currently hate mine :/

i was converted, i hated snakes thought they were slimy and horrible, but then i decided too read up and understand them, and know i love them.. and own one, sort of she occupies the house at the miniute

i hated spiders too i now own a red chile rose .....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2008 :  00:33:26  Show Profile
quote:
Me too. They're only good for 3 things. Feeding to large reptiles, Target practice and putting in the pot!

thats just mean lol. rabbits are lovely!
& dont think I could ever own a spider...just be so scared that it would escape & i'd wake up with a huge tarantula on my face
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000