New toys!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  10:44:30  Show Profile
I'm in the process of dividing up my 4ft into two 2fts for Slim and Sid, and after some research, I have a few questions I wouldn't mind some feedback on.
I was going to go for a B2ME 600 Microclimate pulse - with magic eye - is the magic eye part worth it if anyone has one?
To control an 7" 8.5w Microclimate mat, is this mat big enough for a 2ft?
Lighting wise I was going to get the Arcadia twin starter, with 2 15" 2.0 repti-glo tubes.

Thanks for any advice, because the they are both happy in their plastic tanks at the moment, I can take time making sure the viv is set properly.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python

n/a
deleted

19 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  14:14:30  Show Profile
hiya i dont know if u no but corns must have a cool part of the tank and and also a heat mat
also i have no lights in my viv i dnt think it matters
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  20:48:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i'd check if there's a minimum load/wattage for the stat to work correctly, i think the B2ME is ok though. a 7" mat will provide a hotspot providing the hide is over it but ideally the mat should cover about one third of the floor space so it depends how deep the viv is and how wide the heatmat is.
personally i wouldn't bother with the repti-glow tubes as they're not needed for corns, i'd rather spend the money elsewhere - stat, bigger heatmat, chocolate, alcohol.....

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  21:26:07  Show Profile
It's going to be 2ft (or 24inches) so a 7 is somewhere near a third, its either that or go the next size up. Slim (my corn) won't be going into it just yet, he's a little young, but Sid (my royal) will be in there sooner. The tubes are literally just for aesthetics, ie me being able to see them.

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  22:22:45  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
if the floor space of the viv is 2ft x 1ft and the mat is 7" that should be fine, if it's 2ft x 2ft the mat wants to be 7" by 20" ish, give or take standard sizes

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  06:48:25  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Magic eye - the thermostat has a light sensor built in and can adjust the heat level to a lower one at night. If you cool your snakes at night this will do it for you.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

362 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  16:14:54  Show Profile
Well that's the thing, I don't at the moment but I figured if I'm already paying for a stat I might aswell pay a bit more and get one that does do it, unless this won't be good for them, suddenly cooling at night?

1 Carolina Corn Snake
1 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2008 :  20:39:49  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
it's a gradual drop in temp, mimicking their natural environment (providing you don't set the night time temp really low!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000