Shedding And Feeding
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phil2
Hatchling

114 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  16:34:26  Show Profile
My baby corn is uv been told about a month old,and is about 10 inches long, i wondered how often shopuld i feed a pinkie was told once every 5 days but other sites say different,and how often will he shed?
thanks

1 adult striped corn snake

phil2
Hatchling

114 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  16:38:51  Show Profile
also aspen is ok as a substrate for a baby isnt it?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  17:40:24  Show Profile
yes but kitchen town is more hygenic for hatchlings and cheeper. i am going to wait a few months before i get aspen. Shedding of your stripped snake depends on its growth. A young snake what is fed generous amounts every 5 days should she every 4 weeks i think And then as they reach adulthood the shedding period will increase as they are obviously getting bigger. However your snake might not shed once every month it just depends on its growth rate it could shed 2 times in 5 weeks you never know.
hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

phil2
Hatchling

114 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  18:17:51  Show Profile
yep did so hehe :D

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  18:17:55  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Hatchlings should be fed every 5-7 days.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

43 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  20:26:12  Show Profile
As above hatchlings every 5-7 days but its not a strict rule, it doesnt matter if you had to leave for some reason for say 10 days once in a while. Dont feed less than 5 days the snake needs to digest its food properly and let its stomach to settle before you feed again.
Sheding:- a hatchling MAY shed about every 4 weeks but again it all depends on what its eaten ect.
Kitchen roll is best for a hatchling, you will be able to see if it has eaten (some times the snake will hide a pink in substrait). Or you will see if it has regurged and see if it has pooped.

52 corns,5 sinaloans,2 florida kings, 2 cali kings, 2 royal pythons,
3 blood pythons, 3 mexican hoggies, 3 western hoggies, 3 baja rosy boas, 2 mexican rosy boas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000