Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:01:12  Show Profile
i bought my first corn today. i have been waiting all week because the shop would not put them on sale until they had atleast 2 feeds. anyway a few of them were ready today. i had the choice between a normal corn which was 8 months old a milk snake a lavender corn a striped corn and a butter motley. i decided on the butter motley as i quite like the colours on them. anyway what i would like to know is he is quite nervous is this normal. he was fed yesterday in the shop when is the next time i should feed him. any other advice would be helpful thanks

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:10:07  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
hi and welcome to the forum tony, few points to help you,
firstly leave him to settle for a week just to let him get used to his new surroundings, then you should be feeding him roughly every 5 days.
p.s. butters are lovely so get some pics up, we love pics.

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:36:22  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Congrats on your purchase!
A hard bunch to pick from, butters are lovely ^^

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:48:22  Show Profile
haha i had a feeling you would want to see pictures
i took a few whilst i put him in but he has hiden away under some bark cork. here is the 1 decent photo i managed to get

i will try to get some more however he has found himself a realy goot hiding spec haha. any suggestions on names by the way
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:50:40  Show Profile
o and here a a picture of him and his setup. not much to look at but i think he likes it.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

41 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:52:22  Show Profile
good choice i have an 08 butter. unsure of exact hatch date, but going by my amel which i know the date, i put him at approx 16 weeks. he is 21 inches long and feeding on 2 x pinkies every 5-6 days. always leave them for 48 hours after feeding to allow them to digest their meal. welcome to the site
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:53:11  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Looks great Tony.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:57:45  Show Profile
my corn is about 7 inches very young i think. the striped one seemed slightly smaller and the other one cant think of the name haha was far bigger. the man explained that tha 1 had 2 pinkies and has much more of an apetite. haha. i wanted some sumbstrated but need some more information first. when the snake poos on it does tha mean i have to change it all. also what is best.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  14:28:26  Show Profile
infact come to think of it i think he is about 10 inches haha highly underestimated haha
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  14:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The fave substrate seems to be Aspen bedding, but several things can be used.
I use wood chips, WITHOUT pine and cedar as this is toxic to them.
Some use shredded paper
Like yourself others use kitchen roll.

Kitchen roll seems to be a fave for hatchlings, then most move onto aspen.

As for cleaning out, when he poos you'll know it and then you should just be able to clear out the soiled bit, but it's up to you how you do it, i have to do an entire clear out about every 10 days.
Especially if they poo half on the decor and half off.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  14:36:14  Show Profile
here are some more pictures. they are a bit dull as i didnt want to scare him with the flash

hope you like
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  15:27:17  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Nice little snakie,
I want another and seeing all the little snake pics makes me want more, but I can't. (yet).

Nice pics, and I know what you mean with the flash, although mine have never jumped or even seemed to notice the flash, it still concerns me as to if it affects them.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

196 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  16:46:56  Show Profile
Stunning snake!! Love the set up you have done your snake.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  16:59:12  Show Profile
thanks for the replys here is a little vid of the tank you cant see the snake because he is at the back i tried to show you him in the vid but its 2 dark lol
[URL=http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/tony15_2007/?action=view¤t=V011108_1623.flv][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  17:08:20  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Very gorgeous little hatchling you got there

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  17:34:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
awww, he's so tiddly!
welcome to the TCS

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  18:34:24  Show Profile
haha thanks for the replys. this is my first ever snake and all this is new to me. i hope to breed him or her a few years down the line and have a mixture of morphs haha. thanks for the welcome
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  18:37:35  Show Profile
i have also covered another side to make him feel more secure while he is setteling down. i just print pictures of rainforests off the internet and stick them to the sides of the tank haha made it look natural enough haha.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  20:09:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
good idea tony, much more 'aesthetically pleasing' than the cardboard box i've put around Queenie's RUB!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

39 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  14:58:06  Show Profile
here are some more pictures. he ate a pinkey last night and is still digesting it under his little log haha. i think he was tempted for a second one but didnt fancy it in the end. mabee next feed. here are some pictures of him yesterday day

he has pink eyes and the man at the petshop said it was because he was cross bred with an albino. is this true.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  15:21:55  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message
lovely butter motley u have.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000