she's stopped laying!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  17:38:47  Show Profile
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me, i'm abit of a wreck.
My female started laying her eggs 3 days ago, she'a been left alone other than to remove the eggs to put them in an incubator but i've noticed she still hasn't finished laying i can see about 3 more bumps inside her. I've been told to leave it a week then if there's no improvement i should get her to a vet. How can i stop her getting egg bound? Also what's the chances she would've eaten them as they'd be no good?
Thanks Shiv

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  19:38:32  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
when my molly had trouble laying, i gave have a soak in luke warm water, dont leave her too long

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  20:02:01  Show Profile
Thank you for your reply, i'll leave her for tonight but i will def try that tomorrow. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  20:51:16  Show Profile
hi i think the addvice you have been given sounds good, i have read somthing about reports from a kathy love book todo with the possiblity of corns eating there eggs but if i remember right the idea was pretty much dismissed. if the bumps are very close to the vent you could try to massage them gently towards the vent, but dont aply to much pressure there are other methods but if your nervous i think your best going to the vets in about a weeks time. the eggs just may be retained in which case she will probs lay the soon. i had a corn this season that laid her eggs in bits and bobs took over a week in the end keep us posted before you try anything how many eggs has she lay in total and how was it 3 one day then two the next and soon ifso i would wait for a while for sure

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2008 :  20:41:36  Show Profile
Hello again. I'm relieved to say she's finally finished. She laid about 5 the first day another 5 the second over the last week she's laid 5 odd ones but there were still 2 intent on not coming out and she started her shedding cycle which indicated she'd finished. I totally left her alone for a few days, today i found she's shed so i got her out to check her over and she'd laid them because the bumps have gone but the eggs are nowhere to be seen! Has anyone else ever experienced a snake eating infertile eggs? There's nowhere else they be. Is she just abit wierd? lol
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2008 :  13:06:59  Show Profile
hi im glad she has finished and is ok have you checked her whole body sometimes eggs can be higher than you would think.

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  11:04:25  Show Profile
Found them yet? if yes then how they doing?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000