Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  21:07:00  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
how are they doing now

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

196 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  22:09:49  Show Profile
Fantastic glad to hear they are now feeding.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  11:12:54  Show Profile
baby is eating ok but the big guy ate for a bit, cant get him back up past fuzzies. fed him 2 the other day but as soon as the 2nd hit his stomach he regurgitated both. hes very twitchy as well, never rests always out 'on the hunt' in his tank. he looks at the food items touches them with his nose then starts looking at your fingers in a menacing way. started using tweezers again but it didnt help. he seems desperate to get out, hes always at the door shoving or at the mesh, again shoving. if you open the door its as quick as he can get there to get out. he has put weight on as he was feeding for a bit there, had the vet check his poo again, but there was nothing to report. he can see the female from his tank, but they dont live together or anything, he can also see the hamsters from where he is (attempt to make him hungry). getting worried again, cant seem to find a reason for this.
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  19:17:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
they tend to be more active when they're hungry, and if he's not eating he could well be hungry and eyeing up the hamsters! what are your temps like now it's generally got colder?

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  19:41:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Just give him one of the hamsters to play with

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  22:50:40  Show Profile
lol the temps are kept stable around 25/26c. he did a big runny poo today and he seems to drink an awful lot(which would account for the runny poo i suppose) i dont think he would eat the hamster, hed probably kill it to death then leave it. ive moved the tank so the doors face the hamsters(he cant see them now). hes very restless, im wondering if he doesnt like his tank anymore? it is big enough, i have rocks and stuff in there but i havent changed it in any big way and he was eating there for a while. if i thought hed eat them i would feed live just to get him to eat but iknow he wont and he'll end up getting hurt and the prey item would get stressed so its not fair. hes so polite when he eats as well he doesnt snatch it or constrict it he just takes it and scoffs it. he eyes up your fingers though, hence the return to forceps.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  23:13:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
That's a bit on the cool side when coupled with the ambient temperature drop. He may not feel that his digestive system is capable of working and he's almost self-brumating.

You could try upping the temp to around 30C.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  19:16:31  Show Profile
would that account for his restless ness? how will i increase the temp? there is a heat mat in place already. theres a radiator behind his tank i could reconnect if that would do it
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  19:56:23  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Not sure if the same would work with Corn's but, in my Royal's viv I control the temp in the hide by the amount that the hide overlaps the heat mat. At least that way snakey will have a spot that is just right.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  08:17:56  Show Profile
he is lying along where the radiator is, plus i have a hide on the mat and one one the cool end so he has a choice. i do have another mat i can stick in, although im aware they only heat up to whatever temp theyre set to and no more but anythings worth a try. baby carpet ate 3 pinkies last night shes a fat pig! lol
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  08:30:46  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
Any pics posted on here of the tank/viv/R.U.B. that he's in? If not then whack one on and we might spot something that could help with the temps.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  08:40:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You might find that the pinkies are a bit small for a Carpet, do they leave a lump at all?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  12:31:00  Show Profile
yeah they did, i didnt think shed eat three but i was told she should eat two to three once a week so ive always offered the third. that was the first shes taken all of them! she wont take fuzzies yet theyre far too big and shes only dinky herself!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  15:09:36  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by hera

would that account for his restless ness? how will i increase the temp? there is a heat mat in place already. theres a radiator behind his tank i could reconnect if that would do it

i think that's a very likely cause, turn the thermostat up!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  18:57:08  Show Profile
the temp is well improved, offered 2xfuzzies yesterday but all he did was 'nose' them. he moved them around the tank but didnt eat them it was as if he wanted to but couldnt for some reason. the skin round his neck seems quite sallow, as if hes dehydrated, but he drinks a lot so i dont think its that. i dont know how old he is but im starting to wonder if hes an old snake with health problems. is there anyway to tell the age at all
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  20:24:15  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
there's not an established method of ageing snakes, horses are dead easy you can tell by their teeth but no such luck with cornsnakes. there are so many variables - size, depth of colouring, frequency of shedding - all of which can be so subtle or change with diet, exercise and living conditions

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000