Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  15:51:48  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
What's your views on Bearded Dragons?

I've always thought about getting one, but have been put off by keeping live crickets in the house (they would do my head in, at least frozen mice don't make a noise).

I've heard two different opinions from keepers this week. My mate at work thinks they are amazing and a snake owner I bought some vivs off yesterday said they stink awful!

Anyone else got one?

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  16:08:37  Show Profile
I haven`t got one but i have been thinking about getting one for a while now and have been put of, like you, over the live insect thing so i am very interested in peoples views and advise.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  16:08:37  Show Profile
I haven`t got one but i have been thinking about getting one for a while now and have been put of, like you, over the live insect thing so i am very interested in peoples views and advise.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  20:28:04  Show Profile
i havent kept any myself but i think they are great and ive always been told by keepers that they are the gods of the lizard world

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  20:28:04  Show Profile
i havent kept any myself but i think they are great and ive always been told by keepers that they are the gods of the lizard world

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  20:29:05  Show Profile
that should read dogs lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  20:29:05  Show Profile
that should read dogs lol

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  15:52:51  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
they are awesome,their tame and will eat from your hand, yes their poo does smell but whoose does`nt, crickets do escape so your house will be full of cricket songs

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  15:52:51  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
they are awesome,their tame and will eat from your hand, yes their poo does smell but whoose does`nt, crickets do escape so your house will be full of cricket songs

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  19:34:25  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Do they need cleaning out daily?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  19:34:25  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Do they need cleaning out daily?

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  19:40:58  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
no i sieve the sand once a fortnight but pick up the poo and lumps of sand(wee) daily

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  19:40:58  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
no i sieve the sand once a fortnight but pick up the poo and lumps of sand(wee) daily

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

113 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  22:27:43  Show Profile
I'm now thinking of getting a bearded dragon...i can manage smelly poo...just hope the wife doesn't mind the crickets escaping! Is there anything to look for when choosing one? Fore warned is fore warned as they say!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

113 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  22:27:43  Show Profile
I'm now thinking of getting a bearded dragon...i can manage smelly poo...just hope the wife doesn't mind the crickets escaping! Is there anything to look for when choosing one? Fore warned is fore warned as they say!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  03:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I used to have a Great Plated Lizard, similar in a few ways to a beardy, my brother had one, the live crickets bit wasn't to bad, mine used to live in a large (approx 1L) tub, about an hour before i was gonna feed, I used to put them in the fridge, then when opening the tub, there was no chances of escape.

Even so, Roselyn might find she may just end up getting a tub of them, they were always quite peaceful to hear, and oddly enough used to help me get to sleep at night, just listening to them.
I'd love a beardy, but 'her indoors' wont let me get one. Yet.....

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  03:54:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I used to have a Great Plated Lizard, similar in a few ways to a beardy, my brother had one, the live crickets bit wasn't to bad, mine used to live in a large (approx 1L) tub, about an hour before i was gonna feed, I used to put them in the fridge, then when opening the tub, there was no chances of escape.

Even so, Roselyn might find she may just end up getting a tub of them, they were always quite peaceful to hear, and oddly enough used to help me get to sleep at night, just listening to them.
I'd love a beardy, but 'her indoors' wont let me get one. Yet.....

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  12:53:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I bought a secondhand viv that the previous owner had used for beardies and it smelled really strongly. 2 years on there's STILL a lingering smell of beardie poo so it's a difficult smell to get rid of!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  12:53:28  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I bought a secondhand viv that the previous owner had used for beardies and it smelled really strongly. 2 years on there's STILL a lingering smell of beardie poo so it's a difficult smell to get rid of!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  14:48:33  Show Profile
I`d really like one but they have to many negatives such as smell, nice from crickets, escaping crickets and daily maintenance.
I think i may just have to get myself another corn or two.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

201 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  14:48:33  Show Profile
I`d really like one but they have to many negatives such as smell, nice from crickets, escaping crickets and daily maintenance.
I think i may just have to get myself another corn or two.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000