Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  16:15:42  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
any one got any ideas on how to get a hog nose to feed, had him for a few weeks now and has only had 1 pinky.

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  17:14:43  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Did you try the pilchard thing?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  17:14:43  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Did you try the pilchard thing?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  17:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Just in case you don't know what I'm on about.... there's a post on the hoggie thread that tells you how I got Wilbur to eat. Bet you missed it.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  17:19:48  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Just in case you don't know what I'm on about.... there's a post on the hoggie thread that tells you how I got Wilbur to eat. Bet you missed it.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  17:36:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Bet you missed it.

not posting a link is just lazy

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  17:36:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Bet you missed it.

not posting a link is just lazy

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  15:25:42  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
no didnt miss it, tried it with a sardine but still didnt work.

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  15:25:42  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
no didnt miss it, tried it with a sardine but still didnt work.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  16:42:21  Show Profile
He does nuzzle it across the tub, and once he even bit it, but then he just leaves it and works on escaping his feed tub. It's becoming a bit of a pickle!

Edited by - n/a on 26/09/2008 16:42:50
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  16:42:21  Show Profile
He does nuzzle it across the tub, and once he even bit it, but then he just leaves it and works on escaping his feed tub. It's becoming a bit of a pickle!

Edited by - n/a on 26/09/2008 16:42:50
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  16:43:59  Show Profile
His skin also is starting to seem almost baggy, like a little bit loose, which is starting to panic me abit, any ideas how long he can go before we need to intervene?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  16:43:59  Show Profile
His skin also is starting to seem almost baggy, like a little bit loose, which is starting to panic me abit, any ideas how long he can go before we need to intervene?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
We tried to intervene with a mouse tail, but it didn't work- just made him more nervous.

That's why you need to put him in a feeding tub with a lid and really leave in him there for a while.

Wilbur will only eat if we are no where around. If not- all he does is try to escape too.

If that doesn't work- try toad scenting. We were going to, until we did the fish scenting. Frogs legs might be easier for you to come by being a chef

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:14:21  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
We tried to intervene with a mouse tail, but it didn't work- just made him more nervous.

That's why you need to put him in a feeding tub with a lid and really leave in him there for a while.

Wilbur will only eat if we are no where around. If not- all he does is try to escape too.

If that doesn't work- try toad scenting. We were going to, until we did the fish scenting. Frogs legs might be easier for you to come by being a chef

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Just remembered something else that I was advised to do-

What size viv have you got him in? Apparently they like really enclosed spaces and will go off food if their tank is too big. Another forum user advised me to move Wilbur down a size when he wasn't eating. It didn't work for us, but it might work for Hogtanian

Edited by - Kazerella on 27/09/2008 14:55:01
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:53:27  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Just remembered something else that I was advised to do-

What size viv have you got him in? Apparently they like really enclosed spaces and will go off food if their tank is too big. Another forum user advised me to move Wilbur down a size when he wasn't eating. It didn't work for us, but it might work for Hogtanian

Edited by - Kazerella on 27/09/2008 14:55:01
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:54:22  Show Profile
well we've tried the leaving him in a tub on his own, so frog/toad scenting seems to be the next option, some have suggested chick wings, but this to me seems even further from their natural diet than rodents, any veiws? Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:54:22  Show Profile
well we've tried the leaving him in a tub on his own, so frog/toad scenting seems to be the next option, some have suggested chick wings, but this to me seems even further from their natural diet than rodents, any veiws? Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:58:04  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I'd try frogs/toads next, just because that is their natural prey in the wild. I know we used fish, but only because we had trouble finding some toads or frogs legs in the shops around here.

Hopefully it'll get him back on it. Wilbur got really skinny when he was off his dinner and we were worried sick, but he's growing really well now. Don't lose hope!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2008 :  14:58:04  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I'd try frogs/toads next, just because that is their natural prey in the wild. I know we used fish, but only because we had trouble finding some toads or frogs legs in the shops around here.

Hopefully it'll get him back on it. Wilbur got really skinny when he was off his dinner and we were worried sick, but he's growing really well now. Don't lose hope!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000