urgent help needed.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  15:00:33  Show Profile
the dry patches i metnioned in my last post are worse than i thought. the colour of her skin around these patches is graying, and today, when i tried to bth her, one of her scales rubbed completely off, exposing pink underneath. HELP!! im really worried here.

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  15:16:31  Show Profile
hi have you got any pic of your snake also her viv temps ect, dont bath her get some iodine and put in on all patches of dry skin and where it is pink flesh clean her viv completly and use paper or kitchen roll as substrate keep it clean and dry and use the iodine daily. it sounds like a heat mat burm but cant be sure do not put oil on a burn just iodine and keep her clean as long as your snake is feeding as normal by the next shed you should see signs of improvement. keep a close eye on her if it is infected take her to the vets who will probs give you some Baytril and tell you to continue to iodine the fleshy areas hope you snake gets well soon

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  15:17:48  Show Profile
thanks man. i'll do it now. i hope she's okay :/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

316 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  15:46:58  Show Profile
can buy Tamodine which is iodine based from most reptile shops if the burns are sever pls take her to the vets

www.cornmorphs.webs.com www.southwestpythons.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

118 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  20:41:37  Show Profile
aww bless,let us know how you get on?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2008 :  17:29:50  Show Profile
This is going to sound insain. Bath her in chamamile tea cooled to room temprituer. its a natural antibacterial and is soothing. dry her off then apply the tamodine then cover the area with vasaleen. this was recomended to my by my vet and worked wonders on Inca (her stupid former owners heated her tank with an un protected light bulb the ones we use to light our houses gose with out saying that she got a nasty burn from it).
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  10:06:58  Show Profile
Any news? take him to the vet...i know its obvious but he/she could help if its still bad...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000