feeding
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

41 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  14:25:40  Show Profile
At this point i am not unduly worried, however i am just after some reassurance.
Rosie (5 weeks old)has been a bit of a finicky feeder in the to weeks i have had her, Sunny (approx 12 weeks old) has been a gannet in the 3 weeks i have had him. Anyway took both to the local reptile shop yesterday for a quick check and sexing so may have been slightly stressful, although they were only visually checked not popped or probed. returned home and both were put back in their respected faunariums, at about 11am. both stayed out of site until the evening when as usual they started prowling. now both where feed 1 x pinkie on Thursday 18/9 last week, and Sunny had 2x pinkies on the previous Sunday 14/9. on Saturday 20/9 Sunny shed, but i didn't feed him electing to wait until Tuesday to feed the pair. any how both refused last night, including braining and leaving the pinkies in their faunariums over night.
my plan is to leave them a couple of days to settle down again and then hopefully resume normal practice. any thoughts would be appreciated. do you good people wait until your corns become active in the evening to feed them or do you wake them up from their hiding places to feed them during the day. just trying to build a picture of what others do.
apologies for the length of this post and thanks if you managed to stay with it, and for your thoughts.

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  15:30:43  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage
Hi sunny, and welcome to the forum, I am fairly new to corns too but from what you have said it sounds like they are just a lil p***** d off bein moved about and are rebelling, as one of yours has shed it cant be that. My advice would be LEAVE ALONE for a few days til they start bein active and up to their usual selves. I thought I had lost my 4ft corn the other day the lil begger had gone behind the artificial rock I have in the tank to cover the back of the viv and he hasnt eaten since but looking at him hes about too and I AM AWAY TWO WEEKS AS OF MONDAY lil begger so my advice would be LET THEM SETTLE for least a week then try feeding again

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  17:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I agree- let them settle in again before you try. Corns rarely go off food for long- they are little dustbins usually

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  17:56:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
What was the quick check for? Plus if they weren't popped, then take any sexing done with a pinch of salt.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

41 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2008 :  19:25:39  Show Profile
yes agree that sexing is to be taken with a pinch of salt, but he has a good record, and it was only out of interest. plan to try them again friday evening
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  22:12:39  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
hi and welcome, always leave settle for a few days

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  12:24:42  Show Profile
Hi and welcome to the forum :) Ours rarely refuse a feed, but if they do it's always because they are either annoyed with us for moving them, or they are going into shed, don't let it worry you, they'll eat when they are hungry.

Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  17:05:14  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message
hi welcome to the forum my little one has never refused a feed it wolfs them down even when he is gonna shed.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

41 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  20:33:32  Show Profile
well both have just woofed their feed. Sunny had 2 pinkies, and Rosie had one, straight on them. read all the advice. made the pinkies warmer than i had before, split their head, and had left them alone for a couple of days, been 8 days since their last feed so not too worried. hope its always like this from now on.
Thanks for the advice, well pleased.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000