Bad snake owner!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  19:38:03  Show Profile
Hi, i know its my own fault n im really bad and i no what i need to do but advice might help. I have had charlie my corn for year n a half, i use to handle him everyday if not twice a day, i'd pick him up no matter where he was hiding. Then, i moved him to his new viv about 8 months ago, he loves it but getting him out wasn't as easy. So i think my confidence went down hill when he started to wriggle away n hide.so now im at the stage where i'm scared of him. I know its sounds stupid, but when try to get him out he sometimes hisses n looks like he might bite, or he goes in his tub of moss where i wont get him out. thew only time i would get him out was wen he was under his aspen shavings, probably cos i couldnt see his reaction, but he rarely goes under there now so havent held him for a while! i know we just gotta trust each other again but easier said than done! but my scent is still in the viv from cleanin it etc. Any usefull tips of confidence boosts. Also my catch my cat trying to get him at the glass!
sorry its long! Thanx,

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  19:46:08  Show Profile
First dont let your cat in the same room, it will stress and irritate the snake. How about putting thick garndening gloves on when you try to get him out? You could hook him out of the viv and he could be less agressive when out of it?

Edited by - matty18714 on 21/09/2008 19:48:18
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  19:54:10  Show Profile
i like the idea of the gloves, thanx, will try that in couple of days, he's jus eaten. He is fine when he is out, i'm jus bein stupid but cant help it. Thanx
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  19:56:32  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Have you tried leaving the viv open for him to come out by himself, they are usually better once out.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  20:12:41  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message
Thats what i do with my Apophis, i open the top and let him come to me and he does it every time i have picked him up before, but i prefer it if he comes to me. I always hold him every day without fail unless he is in shed or just fed then i leave him for 48 hours or until he has finished shedding.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

Edited by - shaunb on 21/09/2008 20:13:40
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  21:51:40  Show Profile
Thanks, think he would come out eventually if did that, n he would prob b more relaxed. thanx
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  21:52:31  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  22:32:00  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
And dont be so harsh on yourself.
Your hardly a 'bad snake owner' for being slightly nervous of your snake ;)

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

cumbrian eejit
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  22:47:00  Show Profile  Click to see cumbrian eejit's MSN Messenger address
don't worry about being a bit nervous, when I first got cecil I ended up wearing rubber gloves to get him out the first time, look

but now he's no problem and I've now started to get my little baby co-co used to being handled (minus the gloves) now!!
good luck and persevere

lost track of the day's now, but I'm getting my amel stripe corn on the 2nd of August!!!
Go to Top of Page

shaunb
Yearling

United Kingdom
782 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2008 :  23:52:31  Show Profile  Send shaunb a Yahoo! Message
lovely corn u got there sarah beautiful markings and colours.

[Quote]
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000