Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  11:44:51  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
I am unsure of Dusks genes as he was given to me by my brother whose friend had babies so I was wondering if anyone could hazzard a guess based on the assortment of babies produced. I know theres were lots of normals but there was also at least one snow, perhaps more.
Thankies!

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  12:28:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, could you explain a bit clearer?

Dusk is a normal that was in a batch that included Snows? - If so, then not knowing the parents I can't be certain, but if you:

Breed a Normal het Amel with a Normal het Anery you will get 25% Normal, 25% Normal het Amel, 25% Normal het Anery and 25% Snow. So 3/4 would look normal. If you had a Normal from that clutch it would be 33% possible het Amel, 33% possible het Anery.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  12:28:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Sorry, could you explain a bit clearer?

Dusk is a normal that was in a batch that included Snows? - If so, then not knowing the parents I can't be certain, but if you:

Breed a Normal het Amel with a Normal het Anery you will get 25% Normal, 25% Normal het Amel, 25% Normal het Anery and 25% Snow. So 3/4 would look normal. If you had a Normal from that clutch it would be 33% possible het Amel, 33% possible het Anery.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Yes, a few of Dusks siblings were snows, though I don't know what the parents were

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Yes, a few of Dusks siblings were snows, though I don't know what the parents were

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  21:11:02  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
her mum was definitely a carolina!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  21:11:02  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
her mum was definitely a carolina!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  21:21:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
and het for either amel, anery or snow.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2008 :  21:21:19  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
and het for either amel, anery or snow.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  12:20:39  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
In that case out of curiousity (I know he/shes too young etc etc) what would be the best match for breeding?

Also I heard that creamsicle is dominant as opposed to recessive like the other colour morphs, does tht mean whatever you breed with a creamsicle will produce one?

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  12:20:39  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
In that case out of curiousity (I know he/shes too young etc etc) what would be the best match for breeding?

Also I heard that creamsicle is dominant as opposed to recessive like the other colour morphs, does tht mean whatever you breed with a creamsicle will produce one?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  17:42:05  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
If you breed it with a Snow (and this is only based on the assumption above) You could get Amels or Anerys.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  17:42:05  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
If you breed it with a Snow (and this is only based on the assumption above) You could get Amels or Anerys.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  17:43:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
PS. Creamsicles aren't Corns per se, they are hybrids (Corn crossed with Rat).

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  17:43:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
PS. Creamsicles aren't Corns per se, they are hybrids (Corn crossed with Rat).

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  18:59:25  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Ok, I see, (sorry excuse my questions, I'm a corn genetics noob and I really appreciate the help).
If I bred Dusk with either a butter stripe, creamisicle stripe, snow stripe or anery stripe what could I get? (Can you tell I like stripes yet?)

Thanks muchly! ^^

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  18:59:25  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Ok, I see, (sorry excuse my questions, I'm a corn genetics noob and I really appreciate the help).
If I bred Dusk with either a butter stripe, creamisicle stripe, snow stripe or anery stripe what could I get? (Can you tell I like stripes yet?)

Thanks muchly! ^^

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  19:03:54  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Unless Dusk is het stripe, you won't get a stripe back, the offspring will all be het stripe.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  19:03:54  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Unless Dusk is het stripe, you won't get a stripe back, the offspring will all be het stripe.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  19:37:34  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Oh yes, I know that as stripe is recessive, I was just wondering what kind of colours could be expected.

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2008 :  19:37:34  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address
Oh yes, I know that as stripe is recessive, I was just wondering what kind of colours could be expected.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page