eating habbits
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  05:06:31  Show Profile
my little guy hasn't eaten in about 8 days now but he just shed 2 days ago is that normal? or am i just getting nervous for no reason lol (can you tell its my first snake? haha)

-Trip

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  09:38:35  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
a lot of snakes dont usually eat while they're shedding but some are exceptions. im not usre but he might jsut be a little tired to go to the food himself? lol. try defrosting a mouse nad putting it in front of him, moving it etc a lil bit.
hope it works x

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  09:52:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Just leave him alone for a few days and then try again however he fed with you before. 8 days is nothing to be worried about at all.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

253 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2008 :  10:50:25  Show Profile
I went on holiday for 3 weeks last month and left my m8 looking after my collection, except Jaundice, who was lodging in a rep shop.
The babies were fed, but the adults were`nt, except for a water change, however, they were fattened up before i went.
8 days is nothing really in feeding and not eating terms.
If you feed on the same day every week, it may be that his belly is content and he is just not hungry. If you feed regularly, you need to excercise him regularly too.
Look for other signs though, like slowing down, not being as active, still drinking, heating and lighting temps, crapping out (when was the last time?), health issues etc.
Its not all about eating a mouse every saturday and passing it every thursday....

But seriously, 8 days is nothing for a healthy snake.

1.0. Albino Burm
2.0. Carpet Python
1.0. Cali King
11.6. Corns
1.1. Royal Python
1.1. Thick Tail Geckos
1.0. Bearded Dragon
1.0. Spur Thighed Tort
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2008 :  01:06:28  Show Profile
thanks guys, i'm gonna try and feed him again on monday.. he seems the same as always no other issue with him =)

-Trip
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000