Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  20:58:46  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
there's a female Dumerils for sale, she's only about an hour's drive away, CB02, got the CITES paperwork and microchipped. feeds well but only if it's wiggled in front of her, sheds well, MAY be some issues with her temperament in the viv but fine once out.
AND somebody I know (and who I should be seeing tomorrow) has a male Dumerils, not sure of age but he's about 5ft, basically they're both breeding size and age so..................................

do I

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

n/a
deleted

109 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:02:48  Show Profile
id say yes lol!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

109 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:02:48  Show Profile
id say yes lol!!!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:12:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I've emailed back asking exactly what the 'issues' in the viv are, I'm NOT a brave person!!!

I've already overfaced myself before buying the Jap Rat, actually I managed to palm that off to that petshop we both mentioned in another thread! But managed to swap it and got my Royal without losing any money so I was quite impressed

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:12:07  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I've emailed back asking exactly what the 'issues' in the viv are, I'm NOT a brave person!!!

I've already overfaced myself before buying the Jap Rat, actually I managed to palm that off to that petshop we both mentioned in another thread! But managed to swap it and got my Royal without losing any money so I was quite impressed

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:14:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
All boas can be a bit viv-defensive, a bit hissy, but are usually soft as anything once out.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:14:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
All boas can be a bit viv-defensive, a bit hissy, but are usually soft as anything once out.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:21:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
the reason this girl's selling up is that she's lost her confidence, not necessarily with the Dumerils though, she has quite a few snakes for sale.

I'm wondering would it be better to go for a hatchling and get to know it while it's small (but have to go through the not-feeding problems)?

Queenie hisses when I go to pick him up but I know it's all bluff, doubt I'd want to take that chance with a big snake though!

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:21:23  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
isnt a dumerils a python

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:21:23  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
the reason this girl's selling up is that she's lost her confidence, not necessarily with the Dumerils though, she has quite a few snakes for sale.

I'm wondering would it be better to go for a hatchling and get to know it while it's small (but have to go through the not-feeding problems)?

Queenie hisses when I go to pick him up but I know it's all bluff, doubt I'd want to take that chance with a big snake though!

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:21:23  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
isnt a dumerils a python

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:23:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Dumerils Boa, or Dumerils Ground Boa, they're from Madagascar *nods*

(or Manchester in this case, lol!)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:23:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Dumerils Boa, or Dumerils Ground Boa, they're from Madagascar *nods*

(or Manchester in this case, lol!)

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:59:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
http://reptilekeeping.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=30

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  21:59:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
http://reptilekeeping.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=30

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:17:21  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
well i live and learn, i need to read up a bit on other species, i honestly thought they were pythons (blush)

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:17:21  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
well i live and learn, i need to read up a bit on other species, i honestly thought they were pythons (blush)

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:38:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
They sound pretty easy to care for and breed GP, and obviously no incubation and hatching issues

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:38:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
They sound pretty easy to care for and breed GP, and obviously no incubation and hatching issues

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  15:24:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by saddleninja

I didn't have a clue what one was till I had one draped over me a few months back since then I've done a bit of research as I'm smitten!

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  15:24:38  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by saddleninja

I didn't have a clue what one was till I had one draped over me a few months back since then I've done a bit of research as I'm smitten!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000