Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  00:17:17  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ali, if my posts sounded aggressive it was purely for concern of the snakes.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  12:45:18  Show Profile
well my mate has a 2.5 yo male about 5 ft and 1 yo about 2 ft and nothin has happened if amythin will happen it will happen to him first and if this does i will seperate them and apologize to all but until then they will be stayin in the same viv

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  12:54:21  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
up to you mate

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  12:57:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
We can only offer advice, will be a shame if you don't accept it until an animal is hurt/killed.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  14:11:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Thanks Ali, if my posts sounded aggressive it was purely for concern of the snakes.

yours didn't, mine was meant to

ignorance is bliss!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  14:49:14  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage
HEY Im gonna b a daddy yipieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just brought meself a CAROLINA corn she is well pretty she is chocolate brown with orange spots she also has silver markings she is only a july baby so as im away this month Ive left her in the care of the pet shop GOT ME STARTER TANK ECT ready for when she comes home CANT WAIT keep telling EFFIE his friend will be home soon but she wont be big enough 2 play with him till next year Question as and when she is old enough with her colouring and EFFIE IS AMELANYISIC ORANGE any ideas as 2 wot colours we might get?its great being a daddy again

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  14:52:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Normal.Amel = Normal het Amel. They will visually be Carolina.

Go to Top of Page

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:02:16  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage
SO IN ENGLISH THEN
THEY WILL TAKE AFTER MUM?????????????????????????????]

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:04:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
yep they will! congrats on your new purchase

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

liverpoolmadman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
375 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:05:26  Show Profile  Visit liverpoolmadman's Homepage
B.E IF IF HE DOESNT WANT YOURS OR ANYONES ADVICE EVEN THOUGH IT HURTS JUST LEAVE HIM 2 IT MATE
HE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE WE DONT NEED THE LIKES OF HIM HERE I FOR ONE HAVE BEEN WELL PLEASED WITH THE HELP YOU HAVE ALL GIVEN ME SINCE I JOINED DONT WASTE ANY MORE TIME ON THEM SORRY 2 SAY BUT ITS THE SNAKE THATS GONNA COME OFF WORST

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:22:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by liverpoolmadman

B.E IF IF HE DOESNT WANT YOURS OR ANYONES ADVICE EVEN THOUGH IT HURTS JUST LEAVE HIM 2 IT MATE
HE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE WE DONT NEED THE LIKES OF HIM HERE I FOR ONE HAVE BEEN WELL PLEASED WITH THE HELP YOU HAVE ALL GIVEN ME SINCE I JOINED DONT WASTE ANY MORE TIME ON THEM SORRY 2 SAY BUT ITS THE SNAKE THATS GONNA COME OFF WORST

well put/agreed

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:35:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by E.maccoll

well my mate has a 2.5 yo male about 5 ft and 1 yo about 2 ft and nothin has happened if amythin will happen it will happen to him first and if this does i will seperate them and apologize to all but until then they will be stayin in the same viv

you musnt have listened to anything that has been said! Bad things dont happen EVERY time snakes too young or different sizes etc are put together, but it can still happen.

I have 2 females sharing a viv and 2 males all of very simalar size. People have very varied opinions on whether to co-habit or not and at the the end of the day its always the keepers choice but introducing unnecessary risk is just silly and unfair to the snakes.
You're saying that when something bad happens to your mates snakes, you'll come back and apologise, but what happens if nothing happens to his snakes and it does to yours, what then? You're gonna says oops and your poor snakes will have suffered for your ingnorance!

I keep snakes because i love them and want them to enjoy their lives as much as i enjoy keeping them, if you dont care enough to want them to be safe and not take ridiculous chances then maybe you should reconsider keeping them.

In future if you have no intention of taking anybodies advice and are going to do 'what your mate does' then why bother wasting everyones time and asking in the first place?!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:49:21  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by liverpoolmadman

ITS THE SNAKE THATS GONNA COME OFF WORST

That's why it bothers me.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  15:54:32  Show Profile
Thats exactly what I wanted to express linds but you put it much better than I could, thanks!

At the end of the day we are all giving our opinions on the OP's thread, I think it's getting a little heated coz we all care so much about our snakes and it just infuriates us all to see that these snakes might be in for a short life and it could be prevented, but I suppose it is his choice on how he keeps his snakes, we can only hope everything turns out ok for the snakes sake.

I really hope this isn't going to turn into 'THE DARK SIDE' and seem as though we are attacking people that ask for our opinions.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  16:15:43  Show Profile
oh no, i do feel very strongly about the care of any pet but i dont want to come accross as attacking people, as i said i co-habit but with very strict rules, i dont just throw any snakes in together. People are likely to disagree with what i do and i do take on board everything that people say to me as i far from know everything, i still constantly ask questions. I just dont think you can guess, 'make do' or do what just suits yourself when it comes to caring for any animal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

306 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  16:24:35  Show Profile
I didn't mean your post linds just meant this thread in general!
I was thinking the exact what you put in your post you just made life easier for me when you posted it!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  16:28:26  Show Profile
good good

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  16:59:22  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Ok, lets just leave it then, the information is there now. People can use it if they want to.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  17:14:35  Show Profile
enough said

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  17:21:33  Show Profile