W00t =D
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  14:08:02  Show Profile
Just been given the go ahead for second snake, about to get a new viv for maurice which gives me a spare =P

Only problem is i cant decide on what to get, i was thinking a hoggie, but do any of you have a better suggestion?

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  14:36:51  Show Profile
Royal, maybe that's just biased because we really want one but dno't have the room. Don't want another corn then? Never met a hognose though. you going to Donny to get them.. they'll be lots of choice there.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  15:10:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
I love my hoggie! More entertainment than the royal definitely (even though I love her too and I shouldn't really have favourites).

Depends what kind of snake you want really.

The best thing about hoggies is they stay relatively small, are active by day and have a hood like a cobra that scares your friends when they take him unawares. Plus they are venomous, so you get gloating rights.

Royals are very timid, and although they are gorgeous snakes, they don't eat well. I love watching her move, but they don't appreciate much handling. But they will be impressive when they are big and eat guinea pigs.

Why don't you go crazy and get a milk or a king- if it doesn't take your hand off within the first few weeks you'll get used to the excitement

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  15:21:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Hoggies are lovely

How about a BRB?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  15:23:18  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Stop rubbing it in! I'll have a BRB one day and it'll be better than yours!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  15:36:18  Show Profile
Hoggies are venemous?!? well i never knew that... how big do they get, asnd do they often bite?

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  15:44:41  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
Only mildly- that's why they aren't banned. Plus they are rear fanged so it would have to latch on for a good while to actually get you.

They only grow about 27 inches-ish, but they are little fatty's.

So cool. I just fed little Wilbur and he made me smile. Tried scaring off the pinkie with a little puffing fit. Bless him.

He's got so much fight in him, he might give Nagini a run for her money when he's older

Edited by - Kazerella on 29/08/2008 15:49:28
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  16:00:52  Show Profile
mmm intersting, i always thought they looked adorable but thought they got huge. How big of a viv do you need? and how much are they.. sorry about the question barage

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  16:06:24  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
We paid £35 from the last Donny show, but he was only about 6 weeks old at the time and we've had trouble getting him eating. I've seen older ones in rep shops for about £70, but I wouldn't pay that much.

At the moment he's in a terrainium because he really is just a baby. We call him little wriggler because he's only like a worm. He's not going to have a massive viv when he's older. Think he'll end up in Cornelius' viv when he's older and Cornelius has moved up a size. Cornelius is 2 now, so it's about a 2ft by 1 ft viv.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

433 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  16:12:27  Show Profile
Quite a small viv then, compared to what corns need. Hmm i'll do some research and then maybe i can pursuade the OH, and who knows what we'll come back from donny with.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  17:49:27  Show Profile
get a corn , corns rock

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  18:50:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Good point Ewan!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  18:51:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Stop rubbing it in! I'll have a BRB one day and it'll be better than yours!

You could get one of mine's siblings, then we'd be related

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  18:52:45  Show Profile
I dont think anyone wants a snake that bad..

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2008 :  21:16:59  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Deja vu... I have a lovely male amel for sale...

that aside there was a post on here a while back with a link to a series of photos of a man bitten by a hoggie and through the next 48 hours. He did let it chomp on his hand for a fair while for full effect and the photos showed the damage from the initial bite through to his whole arm swelling up like the michelin man's but all black and blue!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2008 :  12:50:26  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage
But they are cute GP

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2008 :  17:34:27  Show Profile
Cheers for advise all, still can choose =/
Gonna go take some piccies of new viv and dwell on the matter...

quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Why don't you go crazy and get a milk or a king- if it doesn't take your hand off within the first few weeks you'll get used to the excitement

Funny you shuld say that, as just as i checked the thread my mum said 'I might get a king snake...' completely out of the blue =P
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  10:34:07  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
you would have to let a hoggie chew on you for ages to get envenomated, if you want size but not too big go for a boa
if you want character and beauty then a king
or get a differnt morph corn
lots of choices out there, good luck

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas