NEED HELP!!!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  00:19:52  Show Profile
hi can anyone tell me if its ok to add a baby female into a viv with a fully grown female, i wanna buy a baby to put with rouge but dunno if they will be ok together with them being different age,

quick responce appreciated

mazza xxx

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  00:49:12  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You'll probably not get an agreed response. Some will say they shouldn't co-habit at all. I would say that if you were going to they should be of a similar size.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  01:46:03  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Blackecho is right, adding a baby into a tank with an older one is asking for trouble.
Although some snakes adapt easily and really well, others don't, and it's when you finally find out they don't adapt is usually to late.

Not recommended.

Be careful, otherwise all you're gonna do is learn, the hard way, about Cannibalism.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  08:57:21  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
wait till the baby is about a year old,and is long as they are well feed it should be fine

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  09:18:08  Show Profile
nothing more i can say.

these guys know there stuff....

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  10:47:35  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I co-habit most of my corns BUT each pairing is a similar size and age. cannibalism and bullying can be a problem (especially the latter) if they are mis-matched whether it's a 2.0, 0.2 or 1.1 pair. the needs of both snakes need to be met, providing them with enough space - my adult pair are both 4 foot plus and live happily in a 4'x 2'x 2' viv - they need a hide each at both ends of the viv, they need feeding separately, and need careful monitoring - eg. do you know which one has shed if you find the skin in the viv?

having said that, some people say a definite NO to co-habiting.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  21:30:54  Show Profile
thanks for the responces, not sure weather to separate the viv into two sections see if that works, ill post a pic of my viv to see what you think

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  21:33:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Got any hides in there?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  21:42:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
a hatchling will only need a small faunarium/critter cage/RUB, it would probably be easier and safer (in case of escapes!) to house it completely separately,

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2008 :  14:45:27  Show Profile
yea theres hides in it now this is an early picture

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

101 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2008 :  11:38:56  Show Profile
I know a few guy who co habit never ever been problems , jus need to watch the big one doesnt accidentally crush the little one , my two are of similar size and they love each other so much always coil up together , but yeh the guys are rite seperate them till its a bigger

my mates has a 2ft and nearly a 5ft in same viv and they love each other little one coils up and big one coils round it

- Ewan MacColl
CB08 Male Carolinan Corn
CB08 Female Anery Corn

Edited by - n/a on 26/08/2008 11:41:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000