The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Combined Hygrometer and Thermometer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simonw Posted - 12/05/2010 : 10:00:01
I've spent ages researching this, so thought I would ask now.

I am buying the above and have found all sorts of devices that don't exactly match my requirements.

I'd like it to have temp and hygro displayed at the same time (which rules out the exo terra), with max and min temps. A single thin (ish) probe.

The main thing is it must be tried and tested, as there are few reviews out there.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Simon
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 13/05/2010 : 08:00:12
Mine are also unbranded from ebay, they do the job perfectly!
eeji Posted - 12/05/2010 : 21:51:08
mine are unbranded from eBay :)
Sta~ple Posted - 12/05/2010 : 21:44:39
I have no idea how much the humidity goes up to on the exo terras so it might be worth trying to look into it a bit more somehow as they don't even state how much on their website which is poor. Take a look at this topic especially Monkeys post as it seems close to what your after. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9558
simonw Posted - 12/05/2010 : 19:56:17
which brand do you use? exo terra?
eeji Posted - 12/05/2010 : 18:49:16
i use seperates too
Sta~ple Posted - 12/05/2010 : 18:14:53
Ebay may be your best bet for one of those although you've looked. I think separate ones would be better and cheaper to be honest.
simonw Posted - 12/05/2010 : 12:45:55
Okay thanks. I just don't have the experience you have to be that confident in my setup as it's the first time I've tried this.

Does anyone else use a combo?

Simon

mikerichards Posted - 12/05/2010 : 12:06:54
To be honest, i dont have any holes in my egg tubs at all, i know that the way i have prepared the vermiculite will keep the humidity right up all the time. I put the temp probe and stat probe on top of the egg box, because, where the ambient temps in the incubator are 27.5, i know that the temps will balance out in the egg box too, and to be fair, if it is a degree out, its not gonna make too much difference, bar a couple of days.
Not having any holes in the egg box also allows the moisture to stay in all the time, so the verm cant dry out.
simonw Posted - 12/05/2010 : 10:35:06
Thanks for replying.
I just wanted as few holes as possible in my home-made incubator and to be able to see at a glance the current temp, max, min while setting up/running in and approx humidity. Many of the ones I've seen on amazon, ebay etc. have been single display (press button to change like exo terra model) or don't take humidity reading above 80%, or some other limitation.
Sometimes I'm a little hard to please :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/05/2010 : 10:33:23
Theres always the fact that he can't find any reviews for a combi where as there are plenty of reviews for the singles.

Is it for an incubator? I was guessing it was because where in the breeding section. If so why is a combi needed, or preffered.
mikerichards Posted - 12/05/2010 : 10:28:18
What are your requirements exactly?
You can get some that do both, but i would personally prefer one of each, then there is nothing else for each item to do, they are both specific to their jobs, where as a combined i would think are more likely to have a moment. Thats just my thinking, no specific proof of anything!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000