The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 EGGS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Azzheasman Posted - 29/03/2010 : 18:49:48
EGGS there are 3 so far! Aahhhh EGGS never really hit till just now lol incubator is at 30 humidity is at 80 ready for them but AAhhhhh EGGS!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 08/04/2010 : 21:20:51
Indeed. I inly thought one of my eggys would hatch and I got more heads than I expected...The egg that I thought would hatch did not hatch after all that.

You probably already know this but if off coluored eggs start to mould, clean them with a cotton bud.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/04/2010 : 18:42:50
Thats good Azz, you never know even the ones that look a bit off may hatch.
Azzheasman Posted - 08/04/2010 : 18:05:44
just a quick update the eggs are 90% back to health theres maybe 3-4 that are discoloured had a look at removing them but they are stuck fast and im not risking the other eggs, milky has shed there should be more eggs in a few weeks, slightly more prepared now tho :P cheers guys life line all ways

quote:

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Azz :(

dont worry any help is cool glad you could get some help due to my thread ;)
Mouse Posted - 06/04/2010 : 12:18:50
Gorgeous girl! Hope the eggs are all good.
Sta~ple Posted - 04/04/2010 : 10:19:30
Phew. That gave me quite a scare then I must say.
mikerichards Posted - 04/04/2010 : 10:04:04
The eggs should stay white really, even when hatching, even for anerys, amels, snows etc, unless the shell of the egg is really really thin, you shouldnt see the colour of the snake inside.

Looking at your pics, its the not the egg going black, its where the snake has tried to cut the egg, hence the shell going thin! Those pics are normal pics.
The rest of the egg is really white, so you got nothing to worry about. I was under the impression the eggs had gone black themselves!
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 18:23:23
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Cool, well they are alive and well and that's all that counts!

You have me really worried now :( After they hatched the eggs has no black but were a yellowish colour all over instead of being white.

The eggs looked like that a few days before they came out if you minus the head :p and they really dimpled in. I thought that they were all goners and I was going to throw them out the next day... Luckily I didn't.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Azz :(
Azzheasman Posted - 03/04/2010 : 17:42:17
lol be cool if my eggs go orange then :P
mikerichards Posted - 03/04/2010 : 13:08:59
Cool, well they are alive and well and that's all that counts!
Sta~ple Posted - 03/04/2010 : 10:50:01
Well the corns that came out of them were anerys so I guessing as they were absorbing the eggyness you could see snake more. They only went black a few days before they popped out. When I saw a couple of them peaking out of the egg the egg was black in places still so it muct have been them as after they came out the egg, it wasn't black any more...just... stickyness.
mikerichards Posted - 03/04/2010 : 00:04:59
oooh, thats not normal! none of mine that hatched went black, they all died! eggs should be white, plump and not saggy when they hatch.
Sta~ple Posted - 02/04/2010 : 22:53:13
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

They shouldnt sag that much when hatching, mine didnt! keep misting, not too often though, enough to keep the humidity up, it takes a while for the eggs to re absorb the moisture, so dont panic!

Mine did a few days before hatching, they also went black too O.o;
Azzheasman Posted - 02/04/2010 : 21:55:57
some of the eggs have pretty much gone yellow however after some serious running about and tweaking things i believe a few of them are good keeping the humidity up is proving a challenge but misting is helping. More good news Milky is due her prelay shed any day :D
mikerichards Posted - 31/03/2010 : 21:48:44
They shouldnt sag that much when hatching, mine didnt! keep misting, not too often though, enough to keep the humidity up, it takes a while for the eggs to re absorb the moisture, so dont panic!
Azzheasman Posted - 31/03/2010 : 20:00:55
Sta~ple Posted - 31/03/2010 : 19:01:57
I would say that no matter what the eggs look like, do what you can and keep them for 60 days. Even if one ones you can see are all sagged in you don't know what the other ones looks like. Plus sagged in ones can still hatch. It's a very nice surprise when you think nothing will hatch and then one morning, there are lots of little faces with tongues flickering out looking at you.

They really start to sag when they are near hatching hehe ^^

I wish you luck.
Azzheasman Posted - 31/03/2010 : 18:54:39
Yea these aren't round and plump they were then the next day they sagged it's the right temp and as of my last post here they were at 100% humidity they are at 97% now and have just been misted with warm water (same temp as they are ATM) they are leathery to the touch ad not at all plump does this mean they are infertile/ dead ? They are very White one has a tiny yellow dot on it they are all clumped together so I can't see the ones one the bottom to well but a friend of my OH said that her python eggs sagged and they were all fine, I'm worried now, jays fine tho and thas the most important thing I guess :-/ wlas alot of work for her tho so im not giving up yet
mikerichards Posted - 31/03/2010 : 10:37:27
Read my posts, they tell all! The humidity is not high enough.
The eggs should be firm and plump, a slight bit of play when squeezed gently, but not much.
Azzheasman Posted - 30/03/2010 : 21:50:53
herriotfan Posted - 30/03/2010 : 20:44:54
She's a beautiful girl :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000