The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 HELP- EGGBOUND

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 15:54:51
Mushu is egg bound, only 3 eggs have been layed and she seems to be uncomfortable- what can I do?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KITTYCAT Posted - 23/03/2010 : 10:14:45
So sorry to hear of your loss SB.
Tizzy Posted - 22/03/2010 : 17:48:49
Sad news SB fingers crossed that your eggs hatch ok.
crazy JJ Posted - 18/03/2010 : 17:57:32
am reli sorry about mushu hun.... but hopefully the lil ns will make it 4 ya :)

HannahB Posted - 18/03/2010 : 16:10:14
got my fingers crossed all the little uns make it for you Rach
Sammysnake Posted - 18/03/2010 : 07:08:04
I'm so sorry there was not a happier outcome after all your care. I agree with everything the others have said - there is simply nothing else any owner could have done to save her. I really hope you get some of her babies in the end. Remember also, you didn't make her breed, you simply ceased preventing her from doing what came naturally. You allowed her to do the one thing in her life she was programmed to do and will hopefully see the next generation come out of that. I know it's just semantics but I hope it helps.
mikerichards Posted - 18/03/2010 : 06:23:52
Rach, you will be surprised how small a space a baby can fit into! Good luck with them.
gingerpony Posted - 17/03/2010 : 15:47:29
oh hun i'm so very sorry to hear about Mushu *hugs*

Blessed Be
SexyBear77 Posted - 17/03/2010 : 08:44:49
The 3 eggs are doing well, all are pearly white, firm and lovely. 1 is about half the size of the others, so not sure what to expect from that, but fingers and toes crossed they all make it x
Kellog Posted - 17/03/2010 : 04:26:14
I know this may seem a wrong question at the moment....but how are the 3 eggs that Mush did lay? I do hope they are doing ok, they are her legacy.

xxx
eeji Posted - 16/03/2010 : 22:09:24
sorry to hear about Mushu SB :(

You definetly did the right thing by taking her to the vets, anything else would have been neglectful so you did all you could for her.
Sta~ple Posted - 16/03/2010 : 22:02:51
I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say... The only new thing I add and hope is that the 3 eggs hatch and are healthy...
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/03/2010 : 21:12:45
Thanks for the support everyone

x
hiper2009 Posted - 16/03/2010 : 13:55:44
RIP MUSHU
Sorry to hear this Rach i don't think its your fault so don't blame your self this is part of life good things happen just as well as bad things. xxxx
n/a Posted - 16/03/2010 : 12:03:18
Im so, so sorry for you Rach!
Ive sat and read the whole thread and you did everything that you could for her!
*BIG HUGS*
xXxXx
Mouse Posted - 16/03/2010 : 08:42:30
Aaaw, hon, I'm so sorry :(, I can't imagine the pain of losing a pet and family member to early death. I'm glad she had a happy life with you though. Huge hugs and loads of love coming your way.

xxxxx
mikerichards Posted - 16/03/2010 : 06:19:08
I know I am only repeating what has already been said, but its not your fault, sometimes no matter how well prepared you are or how well you do things complications happen, not just in snakes, but for everything. Sadly that's just how it goes sometimes.
The main thing is you did what you could, I think its also fair to say that it wasn't the being egg bound, there was another complication, to do with being egg bound, but not if you see what I mean. At least you have 3 eggs, her legacy, its not a total loss.
Kellog Posted - 16/03/2010 : 05:02:44
Rach, you know me quite well by now and I am going to be very strong with you here - you are in no way to blame for what happened to Mushu. Yes, you chose to breed with her but there was no way for you to know that this would be the outcome....and when you did it, you did everything in the way it needed to be done, with enough research to know what you were doing and what to look out for. As soon as you realised there were complications you reacted and, again, did everything you could for her. Many owners/breeders would not have given her the chance that you did.

You did the right thing in trying to retrieve the eggs. I know many people wouldnt have but you have had experience with dissection and knew what you were doing. And not only were you able to see that none of the eggs were viable but you were also able to see what probably caused her death, and that nothing could have been done to save her....even if she had surgery. I cannot even begin to understand how doing that made you feel, but you did it for the right reasons. And NO-ONE would ever accuse you of being cold hearted....we all know that you are far from that.

Zandefloss is right in that Mushu was blessed to have you as her owner for all those years. You brought up a healthy and happy snake and you must keep those memories, not the guilt over her death.

You know you are in my prayers Rach, and you know where I am if you need me - just ring.

xxx
n/a Posted - 15/03/2010 : 23:17:02
such a shame, i'm sorry you lost her. x
gmac Posted - 15/03/2010 : 21:04:08
Im really sorry SB, my thoughts are with you.

RIP Mushu
a33272 Posted - 15/03/2010 : 20:26:11
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

The Chipping Norton vets mentioned look after all the reps at Cotswold Wildlife Park so they are very experienced. It's probably worth a call just on the off-chance they might offer you some advice as you are unable to get a decent service closer to home.

Fingers crossed for Mushu.

RIP MUSHU

can vouch for chipping norton vets i live there

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000