The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Argh

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Azzheasman Posted - 08/03/2010 : 13:26:50
ive just been reading the "is she gravid" thread and im in a similar sort of situation with my girls they were warmed up,the male was in with both for a few weeks after they shed i didnt see any locking but and as ive said before the boy doesnt seem that intereseted when im about but hes super friendly and if theres someone around hes more interested in them, but now both girls are off their food (have been for a few weeks) i dont have any weights for them before i they were together (d'oh) but the smaller girl is deffinately bigger around the middle and i put a shoe box full of damp aspen shavings in and she went strait in there and burrowed and made herself a mound and looked very content in there shes super frisky when you pick her up but not grumpy, the other girl however is really really twitchy she jumps a mile if you touch her and shes searching the viv she has a hide but will only stop searching for a place to hide if shes in with the another snakes she will go into the males hide or the other girls hide but not her own, but shes looking skinnier, they are all seperated now but from what i can gather shes had other snakes with her all her life is it possible that she is lonely lol ?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Azzheasman Posted - 09/03/2010 : 15:47:51
cheers will get that sorted :) im really excited to possibly have ikkle snakes but at the same time im fairly new to this side of the corns so im nervous as hell lol ive got a shed load of little rubs ready and my parents have a an incubator from when they bred chickens im going to get the vermiculite later on hope this isnt all for nothing lol
hiper2009 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 12:21:39
Vermiculate is good stuff i would say its better then moss
mikerichards Posted - 09/03/2010 : 11:08:27
She won't get lonely, infact, she will be happier on her own. Weight wise, if she is not eating and putting on weight then its a good sign, if she's not eating and losing weight then she needs separating, she's most likely stressed. In my experience, there are 2 types of male corn, the ones who aren't too fussed about getting laid, and the rapists, to be honest the latter is exactly what they are, they chase the female into submission, which is very stressful, especially for a snake that's not in the mood so to speak.
She should be separated really, get some food into her.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/03/2010 : 16:52:43
quote:
Originally posted by Azzheasman

yea the shoe box with the aspen was just to see if she was interested im going to the rep shop after work to get some moss and a rub :) (she went for the damp hide over the dry cold and warm ones :)) haha im at work too :P just a quiet day lol

Lol fair enough.
Azzheasman Posted - 08/03/2010 : 16:47:04
yea the shoe box with the aspen was just to see if she was interested im going to the rep shop after work to get some moss and a rub :) (she went for the damp hide over the dry cold and warm ones :)) haha im at work too :P just a quiet day lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 08/03/2010 : 15:08:08
I wouldnt have thought that snakes could get lonely. They are solitary animals and in the wild live along only coming together to mate.

She could be gravid but i have absolutely no breeding experience what so ever only knowing what i have learned on this site.

I wouldnt have thought aspen would be the best thing to dampen. Its made of wood and combined with temps in the tank could possibly go moldy and the shoe box could pretty much discintergrate if it gets too wet. I think ideally it is better to use some sort of plastic tub or tupperware box filled with moss or vermiculate.

Im sure one of the breeders will be along soon to help you out further, everybody is probably still in work and will log on maybe around tea time.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000