The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 help!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 22:26:23
Hi

im all new to this. i got a butter corn about three years ago and was told buy the guy it was a male. so last week i thought i would go and buy another. i ended up getting "another" male which is roughly the same size.

as i put them in the cage together,they started chasing each other around. it ends up they were "locking" tails? they were together for about 25 mins. the new snake i brought last week is 100% male for sure as it was sexed by a regular snake breeder. That only means i picked up a female three years ago?

could any one tell me maybe what i could be expecting colour wise of the young?

the female is butter. and i (think) the male is well... he is black,grey and white with some yellow around his nose.

ill try and get some pictures up for you below.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 06/03/2010 : 09:47:07
There are no pics of any mites there, its just natural colouring. Very nice pair there.
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 23:03:43
great lookin corn you got there but in the first belly pic under the top scale it looks like a black spec have you checked him for mites
paul
eeji Posted - 04/03/2010 : 22:30:59
ty :) belly pics are a real pain to get arent they! :D

I'd go with ghost too, anery would usually have really dark black chequers and these look quite pale with bits of black missing.
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 21:42:48
i'll put my neck out and say that makes it a ghost i believe....

nice tat btw :)
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 21:11:00
hi EEJI

i hve uploaded some pictures of the belly of the male,

as you can see its a bit of a pain in the ass taking photos of a snakes belly by your self :)
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 09:00:02
If you are wanting them to continue then leave them together for a bit longer, but if she becomes gravid or you don't want babies then split them up asap. Its not a good idea to have opposite sex pairings in together all year round, constant sex and egg laying can kill a female.

Its also not a good idea to house 2 males together, though in this case it doesn't matter, nor is it advisable to put a new snake straight in with another, they ought to be kept separately in quarantine for a while
eeji Posted - 03/03/2010 : 23:32:08
your male looks most like a ghost, but could be a pale anery - can you get a photo of his belly, this would help in identification.

either way, you'd get all normals from this pairing, and all would be het amel caramel anery, and also het hypo if the male is ghost.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 23:19:53
Im not too great with the whole breeding thing but if you go on Corncalc you should be able to find out, if you need help with any of the traits you can go on inas vivarium.

As for the Female it looks on the majority of pics to be a ghost but the first pic kind of makes her looks more like a lavander so im not 100% sure although im not sure wether lavanders get the yellow colouring around there head.

There are a few very experienced breeders on this site so im sure someone will be along to help you out a bit more than what i have.
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 22:41:33
hi

here are some pictures

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000