The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 what happend?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 17/08/2009 : 20:25:11
my 1st clutch started hatching last week and i have 7 little snakes so far with 5 to go hopefully but yesterday i saw 2 heads and a slit in one of the eggs, the 2 heads came out but after 24 hours the one with the slit had no movement at all so i decided to help the little guy out, but a fully formed and a large one aswell was dead. i did notice the snakes neck was very limp as if there was no bones had formed. any ideas of what might have happend??
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 18/08/2009 : 22:13:37
i had one of this year's clutch that was a fully-formed amel stripe (prolly female too knowing my luck!)
she pipped then nothing.......... 24 hours later i slit the egg to give her a bit of help........ still nothing......... another 24 hours later i opened it up and found her
n/a Posted - 18/08/2009 : 21:27:45
thanks yea i understand its not me thats done anything wrong as 10 out of 14 eggs have hatched fine and 2 more to come hopefully, i have to admit finding a deformed but alive snake in the future would be something that would be hard to accept i just hope it dosent happen, well done to you for dealing with it well.
eeji Posted - 18/08/2009 : 21:14:51
one of my clutches was a bad one this year, out of 19 eggs only 3 survived. Out of those three, one had to be put to sleep because it was so badly deformed, and one other has a slight kink in his back.
I had 3 other clutches in the same incubator which all hatched out fine so I know its nothing to do with anything I've done or not done, its just one of those things that happens.
matty18714 Posted - 18/08/2009 : 16:36:00
Snakes lay so many eggs to improve the chances of some of them living, they arnt all expected to make it.
Kazerella Posted - 17/08/2009 : 21:55:43
Not sure really- but sometimes birthing defects are quite common.

I'm sure it's nothing you have done

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000