The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 day 15 after pre-lay shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/04/2013 : 11:33:42
I have been breeding corn snakes for many years but never had a female go over 14 days they normaly lay on day 10 - 12 for me So I just wondered how long is the lonest any of yours have gone ?
oh and yes she is definitely gravid I can feel and see the eggs inside her
It is her first time breeding with me but she has had eggs with her previous owner the year before last but I can't get in touch with them to see how long she went last time
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 12:08:26
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 12:07:42
Oops don't know What happend there I'll repost it now
Kellog Posted - 30/05/2013 : 11:52:34
Might be worth starting a new thread asking specifically about double clutching Rebekah....that way you'll get quicker answers. Also the pic of the eggs has disappeared.

Xxx
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 10:18:12
Also this snake never ate after her post lay shed and now has taken it upon herself to double clutch in the last 15 years that I have been breeding my corn snakes I have never tried to double clutched and this is the only the second time that any of my snake have double clutched and I can't fine my old books to see how long the gap was between the first and second also last time this happen that snake ended up having 2 good clutches then a 3rd clutch of all slugs
Can anybody give my an idea of how long the gap should be between 1 and the other and I can't remember if the other 1 had pre lay sheds between each clutch
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/05/2013 : 10:03:50
To lee did your snake ever lay her eggs and was they any good ?
Lee Posted - 08/05/2013 : 12:54:03
I have a female who has laid before but with her last owner, she has a couple of eggs inside, quite low down and she shed 14 days ago. Still no sign of laying and I'm starting to get a little concerned as she hasn't eaten for almost 12 weeks now. She never moves from her hide, only to drink and the time she shed. Fingers crossed she will lay soon, I don't think they will be viable eggs though.
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 08/05/2013 : 10:21:49
Thanks :) the mum and eggs all look good but still can't feed her as she is deep in blue
smart bunny Posted - 05/05/2013 : 08:11:29
Good luck :)
mjpeters Posted - 04/05/2013 : 22:55:15
Lovely pic of a happy (relieved?)mummy snake
kev 5 Posted - 04/05/2013 : 21:15:19
Congrats. Don't worry about them being small , as long as they look ok colour wise
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 04/05/2013 : 19:41:51
At last she did it but they don't look to good they are very small but when I candled there is a little vainy bit at the top so they maybe ok just very small so fingers crossed
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 03/05/2013 : 08:05:52
I wish she would eat the last time she did was the week before I first put the male in with her :(
Leedxmg Posted - 02/05/2013 : 23:39:53
My female ate all the way up to two days before she laid! Proper little fatty she is!
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 02/05/2013 : 11:33:48
Well I got the days wrong and it is in fact day 16 today and still no eggs they are still high up inside her and she has stared to look like she is going in to shed again so maybe the last shed was just her normal shed and this shed will be her pre lay shed tut :) or what should have been her post lay shed and she just forgot to lay them :)
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/04/2013 : 12:53:03
Seems I have been very lucky in the past with all my other corns then :)
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 30/04/2013 : 12:50:20
Gosh I bet you was really worried it being your first clutch as would I be I'm not particularly worried about her just yet I'm more frustrated cuz I want to get her feeding again as she hasn't eaten for 10 weeks now but she was a bit of a fatty anyway I just wanted to know how long other people's corns have gone really so yes thanks for your input :)
oakleyman18 Posted - 30/04/2013 : 12:19:20
Well I had a really unusual lay this year, my female stripe went into pre-lay shed, and then promptly laid 3 days before actually shedding!!! I went into a huge panic mode.

I think it's a lesson that these are all GUIDES, and not rules... :)
Leedxmg Posted - 30/04/2013 : 11:39:19
It was my first time breeding this year and my female kept them in for 16 days. I was quite worried but I suppose it's just different for every snake

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000