New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  11:33:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been breeding corn snakes for many years but never had a female go over 14 days they normaly lay on day 10 - 12 for me So I just wondered how long is the lonest any of yours have gone ?
oh and yes she is definitely gravid I can feel and see the eggs inside her
It is her first time breeding with me but she has had eggs with her previous owner the year before last but I can't get in touch with them to see how long she went last time

Corn mad

Leedxmg
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  11:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was my first time breeding this year and my female kept them in for 16 days. I was quite worried but I suppose it's just different for every snake
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  12:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I had a really unusual lay this year, my female stripe went into pre-lay shed, and then promptly laid 3 days before actually shedding!!! I went into a huge panic mode.

I think it's a lesson that these are all GUIDES, and not rules... :)

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  12:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh I bet you was really worried it being your first clutch as would I be I'm not particularly worried about her just yet I'm more frustrated cuz I want to get her feeding again as she hasn't eaten for 10 weeks now but she was a bit of a fatty anyway I just wanted to know how long other people's corns have gone really so yes thanks for your input :)

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2013 :  12:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems I have been very lucky in the past with all my other corns then :)

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  11:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got the days wrong and it is in fact day 16 today and still no eggs they are still high up inside her and she has stared to look like she is going in to shed again so maybe the last shed was just her normal shed and this shed will be her pre lay shed tut :) or what should have been her post lay shed and she just forgot to lay them :)

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Leedxmg
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  23:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My female ate all the way up to two days before she laid! Proper little fatty she is!
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  08:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish she would eat the last time she did was the week before I first put the male in with her :(

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  19:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At last she did it but they don't look to good they are very small but when I candled there is a little vainy bit at the top so they maybe ok just very small so fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  21:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats. Don't worry about them being small , as long as they look ok colour wise

Go to Top of Page

mjpeters
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1539 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  22:55:15  Show Profile  Click to see mjpeters's MSN Messenger address  Send mjpeters a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lovely pic of a happy (relieved?)mummy snake
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2013 :  08:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck :)

Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  10:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks :) the mum and eggs all look good but still can't feed her as she is deep in blue

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2013 :  12:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a female who has laid before but with her last owner, she has a couple of eggs inside, quite low down and she shed 14 days ago. Still no sign of laying and I'm starting to get a little concerned as she hasn't eaten for almost 12 weeks now. She never moves from her hide, only to drink and the time she shed. Fingers crossed she will lay soon, I don't think they will be viable eggs though.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  10:03:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To lee did your snake ever lay her eggs and was they any good ?

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  10:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also this snake never ate after her post lay shed and now has taken it upon herself to double clutch in the last 15 years that I have been breeding my corn snakes I have never tried to double clutched and this is the only the second time that any of my snake have double clutched and I can't fine my old books to see how long the gap was between the first and second also last time this happen that snake ended up having 2 good clutches then a 3rd clutch of all slugs
Can anybody give my an idea of how long the gap should be between 1 and the other and I can't remember if the other 1 had pre lay sheds between each clutch

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  11:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might be worth starting a new thread asking specifically about double clutching Rebekah....that way you'll get quicker answers. Also the pic of the eggs has disappeared.

Xxx

Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2013 :  12:07:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops don't know What happend there I'll repost it now

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling