The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 VERY CONFUSED

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Leedxmg Posted - 22/02/2013 : 22:25:59
Okay, so around august I bought a thought to be breeding pair of corn snakes, both of correct weight and age. The supposed female is way past the 300g mark and the supposed male is just pushing a few grams off 300 after being in brumation. I introduced the two last night and noticed almost instantly that the huge 'female' was acting like a male in the sense that he/she was trying to move on top of the smaller 'male' and chasing it round the tank while the 'male' was running away.. This led me to believe that the previous owner had told me the sexes the wrong way round and instead of having a huge female and a small male I think I now have a huge male and a small female. I also realised that the big 'female' kept lifting her/his tail in the air and bunching up his body so it was rising off of the ground in a wavy type motion.. I'm just wondering if by any of these signs anybody out there can tell me which ones the male and female because I have no idea how to sex and dont want to hurt them.. Also if the big 'female' is a male and the small 'male is female shall I still go ahead breeding?
HELP D:
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LukeW Posted - 25/02/2013 : 19:25:57
Tbh the bigger one does sound like a female as Scaly said, maybe she is trying to seduce the smaller male by chasing him etc :p
Leedxmg Posted - 25/02/2013 : 19:04:01
quote:
Originally posted by ScalySituation

The lifting of the tail sounds to me like flagging, its what the female does to tell the male she's ready

Mmm the bigger one is still chasing the supposed male, and lifting his/her tail, maybe it is a female but just super ready pahaha
ScalySituation Posted - 23/02/2013 : 10:25:06
The lifting of the tail sounds to me like flagging, its what the female does to tell the male she's ready
Georgina Posted - 22/02/2013 : 23:02:35
I would go to a rep shop or vet and get them probed. If the smaller is the female she's too small to breed. Your better waiting til next year. As for behaviour I have never bred corns so someone else can answer that x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000