The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Eggs non fertile

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Only1Nitro Posted - 15/08/2012 : 20:59:03
hello my smallest snake had laid some eggs despite never being with a male, she is too small to breed by 'The Rule' but as she is laying eggs any way what your views on making them viable next time?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Only1Nitro Posted - 16/08/2012 : 13:15:50
Thanks i was thinking next season any way
Ell Posted - 16/08/2012 : 09:46:51
This will most likey be her only clutch this year (Ive not heard of slugs double-clutching but maybe someone else on here has) and she should be up to weight next year either way if you did want to mate her.

The only difference of course if is that you will need to aquire a mate and successfully mate them, prepare an incubater and incubate the eggs yourself for around 60 days and then prepare 15-20 individual containers for the hatchlings (maybe more), each with access to a heat source and find 15 - 20 people who want a baby corn snake. You will also have to keep the babies for a minimum of 6-8 weeks, buy between 75 - 140 pinkies to feed the little ones with (this is ensuring you sell them at 8 weeks).......

And then theres laying complications (eggs getting stuck etc), hatching complications (eggs that wont hatch or babies that havn't developed properly) and hatchling complications (babies that won't feed, babies that are deformed etc.)

Or you could provide a damp box and let her lay slugs :P
Only1Nitro Posted - 15/08/2012 : 22:16:55
i know these are infertile, and i have heard that they can lay but she is the only one that has, and is she is going through the motions my question really is why let her go through that for slugs? why not make them viable
Ell Posted - 15/08/2012 : 21:51:39
Well in order for them to be fertile she must be mated.
Females have been known to lay 'slugs' without a male, especially if they went through brumation.
I would increase her feeding as she will be worn out from this (being too small to breed atm) and provide a damp hide incase she has some more eggs to lay to prevent any problems with eggies getting stuck.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000