The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Advice needed!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tanya.hobbs7 Posted - 04/08/2012 : 08:53:03
My corn snake laid 7 eggs 78 days ago. 5 of the egg have been incubated successfully. 2 babies hatched 10 days ago but 3 are still unhatched. The eggs still look very healthy, they're not too hard and have not dented in.
Is this normal or should they all have hatched by now considering they were all laid at the same time?
Also the 2 babies that hatched have shed yesterday. I have tried feeding them but they won't eat. How long should I leave the food in there for before I bin it? Has anyone got any tips on trying to encourage them to eat.

Thanks for any advice.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ell Posted - 07/08/2012 : 20:55:02
Best of luck with your new little ones.

Hair dryer is good but dont be suprised if the other half sees you and gives you odd looks :P
Donnie Posted - 06/08/2012 : 20:52:05
You can use a hair dryer or hot water
tanya.hobbs7 Posted - 06/08/2012 : 20:41:29
Sorry to ask a daft question but how do you heat the pinkies up?
a33272 Posted - 06/08/2012 : 20:08:55
They will go longer than you'd imagine without food. Remember when they hatched they absorb the yolk so in a way have had a feed. As said give them a few days after there first shed. Also heat the pinkies up too.
tanya.hobbs7 Posted - 06/08/2012 : 19:14:46
Thank you for the advice. Forgot to say they had already been separated & are in individual cricket tubs with kitchen roll, toilet roll tube (for a hide) & water in a little tea light candle holder.
One of the eggs have hatched! Only 2 more of the lazy ones to go!
After a day I threw the meal away. One of the hatchlings actually curled up asleep on their dinner! I'll try to feed them again in a couple of days. The first hatchling to come out has poo'd today.

How long can they go without food?
eeji Posted - 04/08/2012 : 15:18:33
the eggs all look good so the babies should be out soon enough. Some won't eat the first meal offered especially so soon after the shed because they are still full of yolk.
kev 5 Posted - 04/08/2012 : 15:12:53
try feeding them in a few days. try in the evening and if they don't eat straight away leave the food in with them over night. it's better if you keep the hatchlings seperately now they've shed
tanya.hobbs7 Posted - 04/08/2012 : 09:37:16

Here are the 2 that have hatched so far!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000