The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Incubator troubles :/

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 22/07/2012 : 00:50:04
Ok so, I use the lucky reptile herp II incubator and haven't had any troubles with it till tonight. The temp dropped to 24c and wouldn't go higher, it was like this for over a hour before I managed to fix it. I have 8 eggs due to hatch any day now and some more due to hatch in a month or so, will they still hatch? temp is back up to a steady 27-28c but I'm worried about the effects the temp drop has had on them. :/
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 23/07/2012 : 11:33:38
They will be fine, a slight drop in temp doesn't effect them
Twi Posted - 22/07/2012 : 14:08:25
managed to get one, eggs are now happily cooking in make shift incubator, just hope they all ok after the night they've had now lol
a33272 Posted - 22/07/2012 : 11:13:31
If u get desperate pinch one off snake for a few days. Will be warm enough to not cause any problems as long as hasn't been feed for a few days
Twi Posted - 22/07/2012 : 10:40:39
tried to google it haven't had much luck finding anything about it, i've had it just over a year now and it worked fine last year with my other clutches and it was working great till last night, have no idea whats going on with it. Going to try get hold of a stat today if I can so i can atleast keep the eggs at the right temp with heatmat but its hard to say if i'll be able to cause not easy to get hold of these things where i am.
a33272 Posted - 22/07/2012 : 09:57:31
U Google it to see if its a com an problem?
Twi Posted - 22/07/2012 : 02:24:44
Its stopped working again, dunno whats wrong with it it's like it can't get past 24c :( it's frustrating I have 19 eggs with another 4ish weeks to go and its been working fine until tonight don't understand it :/
Mnementh Posted - 22/07/2012 : 01:57:46
Yeah a slight drop like that for such a small amount of time should be absolutely fine :)
nickyff Posted - 22/07/2012 : 01:09:38
im no expert but as far as i know a slight drop in temp won't do much harm, if any effect at all it'll just make for slightly later hatching. its temperature rises that are dangerous.
I'm sure one of the more experienced bods will be about sometime soon to clarify for you, but I think you can rest easy for tonight.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000