The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Few egg questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LarkaDawg Posted - 13/07/2012 : 15:19:15
I know I haven't posted in months, but my eggs are due to hatch in at least a week!

First, what do you guys use to house hatchlings? For how long? What do you upgrade to and when? Is there anywhere I can get cheap hatchling boxes online, I have a load of clean cricket tubs but are these large enough and when will I have to upgrade them?

Whats the setup for a new hatchie? How do you heat all the tubs/whatever? Can they be kept together (I wouldn't imagine so due to cannibalism)? I was going to use two long heat mats and line up the tubs along them, but is there a more efficient way to do this without buying two new stats?

And, I found water droplets condensation on a few eggs, the temperature is 27.5-28.5 degrees C, two boxes and the lower one is at 27.5 while the upper is at 28.5. The humidity is 88-100 usually around 90 and I spray the substrate with lukewarm water if its not high enough for my liking.

Anything I need to change? Ideas, advice, tips? All appreciated
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 13/07/2012 : 16:33:12
your welcome, hope it all goes well
LarkaDawg Posted - 13/07/2012 : 16:30:12
Awesome. Thank you! I'll get some moss today to sort that out
kev 5 Posted - 13/07/2012 : 16:28:16
you can place a layer of sphagnum moss over the eggs which will help soak up any water that drips on them
kev 5 Posted - 13/07/2012 : 16:24:53
I house my hatchlings in cricket tubs lined with a sheet of kitchen towel, a small chutney pot from pound land) for water or you can use milk bottle top. also cut up toilet roll tubes for a hide. they will be allright in these for a few months. 2 long heat mats is exactly how i heat my tubs (just a 3rd of the tub over the mat)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000