The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Hlep with eggs?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BayBeeCorns Posted - 21/06/2012 : 16:52:54
Hi,
My girl Aphrodite had 7 eggs this morning. two of them are quite big, and white so i believe they are fertile, whereas the other five are small, slightly yellow and quite soft. Are these infertile?

My main worry is that the two 'healthy' looking ones are in a clump with 3 'unhealthy' ones. Wont the fertile ones become bad too?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oakleyman18 Posted - 21/06/2012 : 18:53:52
I'm afraid they definitely look infertile... especially the three on the right. The two you were talking about are well worth looking after though- they shall be the miracle babies! Imagine if they were male and female.. A fairytale story!
BayBeeCorns Posted - 21/06/2012 : 17:21:56

Here they are....... Tell me what you think?
BayBeeCorns Posted - 21/06/2012 : 17:15:31
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Hello BayBee,

Sounds like those are infertile eggs... Maybe seperate them, but perhaps hold onto them a little longer just to make sure. Sometimes even fertile good eggs can look awful, but usually yellow isn't a good time. Eggs should feel soft, leathery and fairly turgid (hehe- funny word)

Haha, very funny word!! ;)
They are soft, but defo smaller and yellowish, ill upload some photos of them, Tell me what you think.
Also.... What do I do with the clump of them? Do i manually separate the slugs? Will they make the fertile ones go bad? or should I just leave them?

Sorry for all the questions
oakleyman18 Posted - 21/06/2012 : 17:07:40
Hello BayBee,

Sounds like those are infertile eggs... Maybe seperate them, but perhaps hold onto them a little longer just to make sure. Sometimes even fertile good eggs can look awful, but usually yellow isn't a good time. Eggs should feel soft, leathery and fairly turgid (hehe- funny word)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000