Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BayBeeCorns
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  16:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
My girl Aphrodite had 7 eggs this morning. two of them are quite big, and white so i believe they are fertile, whereas the other five are small, slightly yellow and quite soft. Are these infertile?

My main worry is that the two 'healthy' looking ones are in a clump with 3 'unhealthy' ones. Wont the fertile ones become bad too?

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  17:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello BayBee,

Sounds like those are infertile eggs... Maybe seperate them, but perhaps hold onto them a little longer just to make sure. Sometimes even fertile good eggs can look awful, but usually yellow isn't a good time. Eggs should feel soft, leathery and fairly turgid (hehe- funny word)

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

BayBeeCorns
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  17:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oakleyman18

Hello BayBee,

Sounds like those are infertile eggs... Maybe seperate them, but perhaps hold onto them a little longer just to make sure. Sometimes even fertile good eggs can look awful, but usually yellow isn't a good time. Eggs should feel soft, leathery and fairly turgid (hehe- funny word)

Haha, very funny word!! ;)
They are soft, but defo smaller and yellowish, ill upload some photos of them, Tell me what you think.
Also.... What do I do with the clump of them? Do i manually separate the slugs? Will they make the fertile ones go bad? or should I just leave them?

Sorry for all the questions
Go to Top of Page

BayBeeCorns
Egg

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  17:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here they are....... Tell me what you think?
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2012 :  18:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid they definitely look infertile... especially the three on the right. The two you were talking about are well worth looking after though- they shall be the miracle babies! Imagine if they were male and female.. A fairytale story!

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000