The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Once hatched?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cattNmo Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:35:20
Ok so due to my own stupid 5 mins mistake it looks like I'm about to have eggs ( fingers crossed tabs is ok) I know about homemade incubators and have the stuff ready to put in together next week. My question is once theft have hatched should I separate them out in to smaller boxes straight away? And what should I bed them on once hatched? I know to hold off feeding until the first shed.

Thank you
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kev 5 Posted - 02/06/2012 : 08:31:57
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

be careful with cricket tubs, they aren't the most secure things for keeping hatchies in. I've lost a few to those things.

there is one corner with a slit, they learn this corner doesn't clip down as tightly as the rest. i put an elastic band around that end of the tub
Georgina Posted - 01/06/2012 : 23:59:58
i would also prep for the worst if she is small for a nearly 2 year old, i hope all goes well x
eeji Posted - 01/06/2012 : 23:34:02
be careful with cricket tubs, they aren't the most secure things for keeping hatchies in. I've lost a few to those things.
cattNmo Posted - 01/06/2012 : 17:37:19
She is almost 2. But is small. I keep looking at her and still can't make my mind up for sure that she is or not. so prepping just in case. Got tubs and boxes at Lunch time and have a supply of loo rolls. Was always planning to breed her once the right age so at least I have every thing ready.
QueenVic Posted - 01/06/2012 : 02:51:46
ive blutacked my bottle tops to the tubs lol
and i use cut up toilet roll tubes for hides too :)
Spreebok Posted - 01/06/2012 : 00:04:57
I sorta did what Isoldael did for my tiny butter, as he's still so tiny he drinks from a milk bottole top. But instead, I glued it on top of his hide lol! Not too helpful if you're dealing with hatchies though, unless you are using hides.
Isoldael Posted - 31/05/2012 : 23:05:26
Personally I just glued the bottle caps to the chinese food boxes I keep them in :p
ShortCircuit23 Posted - 31/05/2012 : 20:40:55
How old is the mum-to-be? When my butter corn was little i had her in with 2 other snakes, woke up one morning and my aztec carolina had her in taillock, my reaction 'so i guess she's a she and he's a he'. The butter corn, Sahara, laid all healthy eggs and they all hatched and she gained her weight back really quickly. She is now about to lay eggs again 3 years later
cattNmo Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:55:29
Fantastic thank you guys, knew people could help me out. Now just fingers crossed that tabs is ok
kev 5 Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:51:02
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by kev 5

quote:

Same as above, although bottle tops get turned over *very* easily, which then soaks the paper. The other day I was in Poundland buying more takeaway containers and I came across these tiny metal chutney pots, just heavy enough not to get tipped, but small enough to fit in a wee tub- £1 (obviously) for 8

might have to try them

They are very good, switched all mine over to them the other day, not
had a spillage yet!

will get some tomorrow, got 28 eggs due to hatch and my last 16 hatchlings threw their bottle tops everywhere. thanks
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:46:57
quote:
Originally posted by kev 5

quote:

Same as above, although bottle tops get turned over *very* easily, which then soaks the paper. The other day I was in Poundland buying more takeaway containers and I came across these tiny metal chutney pots, just heavy enough not to get tipped, but small enough to fit in a wee tub- £1 (obviously) for 8

might have to try them

They are very good, switched all mine over to them the other day, not had a spillage yet!
kev 5 Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:45:53
quote:

might have to try them
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:42:16
kev 5 Posted - 31/05/2012 : 19:39:53
i seperate my hatchlings into cricket tubs and use kitchen towel. also a small hide (cut up toilet roll tube). i use a milk bottle tops for water bowls.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000