The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 incubator Q

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nickyff Posted - 20/05/2012 : 23:32:24
this one's going to sound really thick, but...

stat and thermometer probes... inside the box with the eggs, or underneath on the mat?
ive been fretting all evening about the crappy ministat stat ive got (the only one i could buy on a sunday)and its inability to stay in one place, (tempwise)and then i suddenly realised that where the ggs are is noticably cooler than the mat anyway- so now ive got a new fret-an-worry....

(please excuse my ignorance but I'm not properly read-up, as I hadn't initially intended actually keeping these eggs)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
QueenVic Posted - 21/05/2012 : 12:29:54
Incubators are good, but in the wild the eggs would experience a range of temps and different humidities, so I wouldn't worry yourself too much.
We just try create the optimum conditions, I think the eggs are actually much hardier than we give them credit for lol.

In america a lot of people just leave theirs in a garage or in a room at room temp, where during the day they reach 80-85F and drop down to 75F during the night.
I prefer to keep them at a stable temp, like most people do on here, but I do not think it is absolutely vital.

Don't worry yourself sick! but good luck with them, and I guess it is better to be safe than sorry
kev 5 Posted - 21/05/2012 : 11:01:58
put the thermostat probe on the mat and the thermometer probe in the egg box and adjust as needed.
don't worry if it fluctuates by a degree or 2 through out the day as long as at it's highest point it doesn't go over 29. 27-28 ideal temp
Isoldael Posted - 21/05/2012 : 10:36:46
I kind of incubate my eggs the noob way, I'd say. My "incubator" is a bucket with vermiculite, sealed off and in the viv with the snakes. The temperatures range quite a bit between night and day, but that never seems to have harmed the eggs. I wouldn't worry too much about the eggs being at too low a temp for a little while :)
nickyff Posted - 20/05/2012 : 23:57:24
thx G- yeh, I kind of guessed I'd got it wrong to start with- hopefully they'll be okay-?? ...as far as I can tell from what little I have read, cooler is safer than hotter..
if I'm totally honest tho it'll be nothing short of a miracle if any of these survive and make it through to hatching (due round my birthday- haha)
if any do survive my ineptitude, it's still better than the original plan which was going to be the bottom drawer in the freezer- which when it actually came to it I couldn't bring myself to do...
Georgina Posted - 20/05/2012 : 23:33:45
i think most have it with the eggs x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000