The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Breeding
 Debbie is doing the Hokey Cokey

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nickyff Posted - 12/05/2012 : 23:18:51
after our accidental late-night 'event' a while back, Darling Debbie is positively blooming...
she shed on wednesday, and now is being completely indecisive about whether she wants to get into the damp moss box I've put in her viv... she gets in....she gets out .....she gets in.....she gets out....

at the moment she's doing the 'shake it all about' bit. round and round the viv and digging about in the beech chips- (won't be buying those again- she clearly wants to dig and burrow and they just slip about, so I went and got some aspen today, and I'm just about to disturb her to swap the chips for aspen, to make her a bit comfier.

quick Q for those experienced breeders out there; while she's got the fidgets at this stage, is it okay for her to be handled? or would it be hazardous to her or her eggs? (I'm not so fussed about the eggs, as they're an unintentional accident, and I'm not intending to incubate anyhting, but Debbie's my fave and I don't want to do anyhting that might potentially hurt her, or make laying difficult/dangerous)
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tasha89 Posted - 15/05/2012 : 13:52:22
Dont handle her untill about a week after she has laid as she will need to be fed and will be stressed. For what its worth though you should give a go at incubating them to see what you get its a wonderful experience!!
kev 5 Posted - 13/05/2012 : 08:08:12
you can handle gravid females,but leave her in peace as it gets closer to the laying time

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000